Tasker Integration

Are there any similar solutions for the iPhone platform? I’ve been looking for something simliar to this to help control door locks and such as I enter and exit my home.

Not that I know of. You might have better luck asking in the Automator forum.

• Garrett

[quote=“rakstar, post:19, topic:167105”]Right now there’s no way to do that, but what about if I add a “notify” parameter to the url, for example:

homebuddy://activate?vera=&scene=&notify=true

this would tell Home Buddy to create a notification instead of a toast message – will that work for you?[/quote]

This would work for me.

I am having a problem with homebuddy crashing every time i test the scene in tasker, I have a newer version of tasker then the video shows but everything is the same. in the execute its not called action intent its called send intent and i have followed the new formate listed above, any ideas what could cause it to not work?

Thanks

Another user had a similar problem because he left the “<” and “>” characters in. Does your intent look like the following?

homebuddy://activate?vera=12345&scene=1

yes that is what it looks like but i have that in the data box and the android.intent.action.VIEW in the action box. does that sound right?

thanks for your help

Did you set Target to Activity as shown here?

Yes I did

Can you email me your user data and the intent string?

Okay I found the problem, I had the v in Vera capitalized and didn’t see it.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it

Awesome! You’re welcome.

Hello. Great appli !
Can we use device or virtual device with tasker instead of scenes ?

I would like use ON or OFF button and note scène.

That’s on the list, but very low priority to be honest. I have very little time to work on the app so it might be a while until this feature ever sees light.

I know it’s not ideal, but what I do is I have a scenes set up to do the individual device controls, then I just hide (using the favorite stars) the scenes that I don’t want to see. I hope that helps, at least for now.

Ok ok. I would like to turn on all the lights when I shake my phone the first time and turn everything off when I shake my phone the second time.

I created a virtual device that triggers the scene all the lights on and off all the lights. For the moment I shake my phone and the lights ON. I don’t know switch off lights with the same gesture.

I feel like you can accomplish this with some LUA scripting magic. Unfortunately, that is not my expertise… anyone out there up to the task?

allard, create a new scene and go to the advanced tab and select your virtual switch then in the drop down menu select toggle state, then use this scene in tasker.

I am trying to set up a task in Tasker to try the homebuddy:// integration. When I execute the task there is a few second delay and then I always see a popup message “Unfortunately, Home Buddy has stopped.”

The task type is Send Intent, the action is android.intent.action.VIEW, the data is homebuddy://activate?vera=3004629&scene=1, and the target is set to Activity.

I’m sure I am missing something as I know others have done this. Notice anything amiss? The vera= is the serial number of the vera3 from the bottom of the device and from the UI. The android and the vera are on the same network. Homebuddy itself works fine when starting the same scene.

Thanks!

I had the same problem and didn’t catch that the auto correct made the V in vera capitalized, so make sure that everything is spelled out correctly,

I did check that yes. tks

Figured it out finally. A wee little space among the parameters. Much harder to see with a variable pitch font than with a fixed pitch. Maybe the boss will add parameter checking some day! But for the price I can live without it. lol