Tasker Integration

I got this working on mine also. I created a Scene called Quiet Kids which uses Vera Alerts to say “Kids, Daddy is on the phone right now for work. You need to be quiet.”

Then, tasker is set up for:

• Phone offhook
  • Time between 7:30am and 5:15pm
  • Date is Mon-Fri
  • One of my wifi networks is near

Then it executes the scene. I set the cooldown period to 15 minutes to improve the Wife Acceptance Factor. Now, when I make a call or answer one during work hours and I’m at home, Vera tells the kids to shut up. :slight_smile:

Is it right, that Scene ID I can get from here? (34 in my case)

Where is mistake? Not work for me :frowning:
A1: Send Intent [ Action:android.intent.action.VIEW Cat:None Mime Type: Data:homebuddy://activate?vera=3XXXXXX5&scene=34 Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Activity ]
???

Home Buddy is a fantastic app. The integration with Tasker makes for killer automation!!! Thank you Rakstar!

I’m not sure if the issue regarding a need for a full refresh has been solved. I’m using Home Buddy widgets as an easy means of activating certain things, and they appear to fail once every week or two. The reason being is the need to go into Home Buddy to do a full refresh. I’m not convinced that it’s due to configuration changes insisting on a full refresh. It sometimes appears to occur unpredictably.

If Home Buddy seems to require a refresh periodically, can an intent message cause Home Buddy to do this, say… on a schedule? Or even better, is there a way to have Home Buddy run as a service, such that it updates on it’s own?

Thanks in advance!

@rakstar

It would be great if Home Buddy would refresh in the background. Often when I want to use it, I have to wait till it refreshes, which is annoying. Actually, I stopped using it because of this.

Thanks.