TEXECOM Premier Elite Plugin

Elite 48 here too

Is there a time frame for the connect compatible version.

I?ve started to get ats failures on our system I can?t say if it is a comip issue, router or Vera problem at the moment but when it fails it also stops Vera scenes from working correctly.

Doubt it would be vera problem, I know texecom have been having some issues with their servers lately which have apparently now been fixed…

The connect version is currently on hold at the moment as a more pressing project has arisen and I’ve lost my firmware flasher and the connect protocol is lacking a fairly major command used for the setup procedure… There is a work around but it’s quite clunky and unsatisfactory… I’ve asked texecom for it to be added (it was in the simple protocol!) but I’m not exactly holding my breath…

In the mean time the plugin should theoretically be compatible with a smart com as it connects via internal ip.
Failing that if your vera is near your panel you could connect to a spare com port on the panel via USB cable (texecom cable is about ?30-40 but apparently you can use any standard USB to serial cable… I’ll look up the link for you

[url=https://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/programming-a-texecom-premier-elite-12-w-using-a-ftdi-cable/]
https://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/programming-a-texecom-premier-elite-12-w-using-a-ftdi-cable/[/url]

Hope this helps, Sam

Hi ,
Installed this and it appears to be working a treat, thanks ever so much for taking the time to create this .

One query i have , is it possible to select different actions depending on who disarms the alarm, for example, when i come home would it know that my code has disarmed the alarm and as such i could ask it to play a specific music?

Cheers
Nath

Currently no however I’ll look into the possibility and get back to you

Sam

Not directly/neatly but it is possible.

Could you confidently wire in a 12v relay to your alarm?
If so I can give you instructions on how to achieve what you want (wiring and programming)

Sam

Hmm not sure I could to be honest , depends on how difficult it is I guess !?
Thanks for looking at it for me

Nath

Hi,

I’m using Premier Elite 64-W with V5 firmware and SmartCom with V2 firmware and the PlugIn keeps on saying that it can’t send PDU. Engineer code, IP and ULD code are correct.

I tried resetting the LuuP, the Vera itself but the situation remains.

Plug-In version is 2.85

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

From earlier on in the tread the smartcom version of the plugin hasn?t yet been developed.

Hi,

Great plugin, thank you for all your efforts.

Question on the PushOver Notifications. I’ve got it configured so it’s sending me Set / Unset messages fine. Which notification flag do I need to select in the settings to get an alarm trip notification through, that tells me which zone is tripped?

Thanks

Hi,

We have been using the plugin for a while with no problem. on the 14th march and today. we have recivied “You have received an alert: “fire”. Device ID: 292” from vera. they is nothing on the texecom alarm. the zone is armed as its a Smoke Detector.

Can you think of anything to look at?

Paul

Does anyone use Alexa to control the setting of the alarm? If so how does it work with inputting the alarm code.

Is there a way to get around using the code every time?

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding (currently sat on my Hospital bed!)

Unfortunately as Mattb130 pointed out the SmartCom version has not been released, and is also on hold due to detrimental changes to the smartcom protocol regarding initial setup.

You should however be able to connect via USB if it is close by and you have any spare Com Ports (not seen the 64-w yet) either using the official Texecom USB cable or apparently via any FTDI to USB cable ( » Programming a Texecom Premier Elite 12-W using a FTDI cable)

Sam.

Hi, sorry for the delay,

I’ve received a couple of erroneous Fire notifications as well, cant pin it down at present as its so rare…
Just out of interest is yours a Ricochet Smoke or hardwired?

Sam

Hi, sorry for the delay,

If you have Pushover Notifications Enabled then Alarm events are already reported with Zone text , there is no further options needed :slight_smile:
Sam.

Hi Matt, sorry for the delay,

I dont currently (thought about using it to initiate Part set though…). In theory you could create a scene to Set the Alarm Partition then use Alexa to trigger the scene…

EG. Scene set to full set the alarm via manual trigger, called “the alarm”
Alexa Turn on the alarm

Hope that helps,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Hardwired, I have removed the zone for the moment. noticed it more when a LUUP restart

OK that helps as mine is ricochet so must be to do with the fire class on Vera… will take a look when I can and let you know

Sam.

Is this plugin still live as I don’t seem to be able to find it in the app store.
We’re just about to add a Texecom Premier elite and I’m keen to ensure its going to talk to Vera (just so we can set the house mode from the alarm being set).

Hi, I’ve been a bit tied up in other projects of late hence late reply but this plugin is available on GitHub (see first post) it has never been on the app store and requires manual installation.

Connects to Vera via either COM-USB lead (preferred) or via COM-IP or COM WIFI. SmartCOM compatibility is currently unconfirmed

Sam