The transceiver icon

It seems like uploading the icon file for the RFXtrx433e in the same way the plugin files are uploaded doesn’t work. I believe the file gets compressed and ends up with a different filename extension. I’m not sure if this is the proper way to get this icon to display but what I did was:

Modify D_RFXtrx.json to delete the flashicon definition line altogether and modify the defaulticon to be:
“default_icon”: “RFXtrx433E.png”,

Then I copied the icon file to my VeraPlus from my PC using pscp which is included if you have PuTTY installed:
CD to \PuTTY
pscp -scp -l root -pw -p RFXtrx433E.png :/www/cmh/skins/default/img/icons/device_states/RFXtrx433E.png
pscp -scp -l root -pw -p RFXtrx433E.png :/www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/RFXtrx433E.png

Hi tinman,

Thank you for doing extra works on this plugin - we all appreciate it a lot thank you.

I too have no icon showing. I have used winSCP to add the icon manually to both locations:

/www/cmh/skins/default/img/icons/device_states/RFXtrx433E.png
/www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/RFXtrx433E.png

and attached is the file i used “D_RFXtrx.json” but i made no changes to it as per your statement:

"Modify D_RFXtrx.json to delete the flashicon definition line altogether and modify the defaulticon to be:
“default_icon”: “RFXtrx433E.png”

I did not make changes as all seemed to be in order already?

Whats odd is the icon does not show? I have asked Vera support and they too where unsure and recommended I ask here.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

I assume you’ve refreshed the Vera page in your browser?
The only other thing I might suggest is rebooting Vera. You can do this by simply unplugging it for a few seconds or on Vera in the browser going to Settings → Net and WiFi and clicking reboot.
Then refresh Vera in the Browser again.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I have done thous things (aka “the Vera dance”) but sadly nothing; its an odd one. I do have one other issue with the rfxtrx plugin in that it sometimes shows the “Could not open IO port message” but I understand this to be a separate issues and should not effect the icon display as i understand it.

Fixed!

Just to report back I did two things, one of which has fixed the issue:

I copied the file name from within the properties tab and pasted this into the .json file. There was no change that I could see but did it to ensure 100% name match.

I changed the line in the .json file:

"DisplayStatus": {},

to

"DisplayStatus": { },

I did that because I saw that how it was in another app so copied it.

One of these two things fixed the issue.