Touchscreen Interface for Vera...download

ck your email…

Apple Roll Dial? Is that like an apple turnover? :smiley: Or Roll Tide?

Anyway, I would like to see the basics like temp changes, mode changes, fan status changes, all with built in LED’s or status boxes. Filter change adjustment re: # of days, and possibility for notification when it triggers. Would be nice to have a notification for something going out of range ie temp is set for cool 70 and it’s reading 75 meaning somethings broken or a door’s been left open. I’ll bet that would be really popular with landlords. Also, there is a way to lock out a user if they don’t know the “secret” method of getting into the panel- it would be great to be able to figure out how to shut off the interface completely and control it remotely. I don’t thinks that’s a function of what you’re doing, but I can dream can’t I ?!!

[quote=“TimAlls, post:59, topic:168313”]…
I was planning on an " up one degree and down one degree in the code" …I didn’t realize the current UI made it so difficult!

How about a numeric popup page to make the settings?
@Ballroller or other thermostat users…what is your wish list here?
The only thing I can’t do easily is the Apple Roll Dial…sorry

Regards
Tim[/quote]

Apple Roll Dial? Is that like an apple turnover? Or Roll Tide?

Anyway, I would like to see the basics like temp changes, mode changes, fan status changes, all with built in LED’s or status boxes. Filter change adjustment re: # of days, and possibility for notification when it triggers. Would be nice to have a notification for something going out of range ie temp is set for cool 70 and it’s reading 75 meaning somethings broken or a door’s been left open. I’ll bet that would be really popular with landlords. Also, there is a way to lock out a user if they don’t know the “secret” method of getting into the panel- it would be great to be able to figure out how to shut off the interface completely and control it remotely. I don’t thinks that’s a function of what you’re doing, but I can dream can’t I ?!!

Ha, Apple has the coolest controls…it is on my IPad…don’t know what to call it.
Good news…most of what you want can be done. Bad news, I don’t see filter info on the list of variables.
However, check and see if the variable “ModeState” changes when your HVAC blower is on or off.
If it does the filter notification can be added using paste in code in a new scene we can call Filter Change or whatever.

Let me know,
Thanks
Tim

No new build today? i was enjoying the anticipation…

ModeState does not change with just the fan going from auto to on. It does change when cooling is called for, from idle to cooling.

The first ModeStatus on the other hand, changes from Auto to ContinuousOn when the fan is changed.

[quote=“TimAlls, post:63, topic:168313”]

Apple Roll Dial? Is that like an apple turnover? Or Roll Tide?

Ha, Apple has the coolest controls…it is on my IPad…don’t know what to call it.
Good news…most of what you want can be done. Bad news, I don’t see filter info on the list of variables.
However, check and see if the variable “ModeState” changes when your HVAC blower is on or off.
If it does the filter notification can be added using paste in code in a new scene we can call Filter Change or whatever.

Let me know,
Thanks
Tim[/quote]

It’s coming…just back from Fry’s Electronics. Picked up a thermostat…figure I would save lot’s of time!
I am setting it up now so I can start code testing.

ModeState does not change with just the fan going from auto to on. It does change when cooling is called for, from idle to cooling. The first ModeStatus on the other hand, changes from Auto to ContinuousOn when the fan is changed.
Thanks....I will have this together in a while.... More to come. Tim

Henk,
I haven’t forgotten you…I had a long “Honey Do” list today.
The next release is all about thermostats…I don’t know if you will have any fun with it unless you go buy one!

Good things coming…take a look.
I have the displays working for multiple thermostats and I have all the commands working.
I have added a 24 hour trend chart for the Temp, CoolSetPt, and HeatSetPt. I am going to run it over night before posting…
Regards
Tim

[quote=“TimAlls, post:67, topic:168313”]Henk,
I haven’t forgotten you…I had a long “Honey Do” list today.
The next release is all about thermostats…I don’t know if you will have any fun with it unless you go buy one!
Regards
Tim[/quote]

Dont worry, ill live… a hartmann or danfoss is on my wishlist. Will give you headaches probably after i installed that in the future… bugging you with all sorts of questions and requests ;D

Keep it up Tim, i know ppl are watching your progress with growing enthousiasm (i am)…

@TimAlls, Been out of pocket for a while however loaded latest version .1008 I still have the original problem with this app, for some reason the app displays lettered devices A-L, all of my M-Z lettered devices e.g. patio camera, side door ect… what’s going on? I not clear as to the setup tab, room name 1 through 6 (I have over 10 rooms identified and confirmed in via the room tab report. I like your code example, it took a second or two to figure out that there were more than one step (might add a 1-X indicator). Suggest that you freeze the older threads as this is you active thread, Mike

@Michael_N_Blackwell,
Good to see you back. When I ran your JSON file the devices your M-Z device were there…just have to scroll down to see them as you have lots of stuff! Check the drop down boxes in the Variable Watch and see if they are all there. Have you added any plugins since your last JSON file? I will review it one more time and see if I missed something.
The rooms on the Control tab are not related to the rooms in Vera. I have them setup to handle any dimmers, switches, or scenes that you want in the room. ( maybe I will not use the word “Room” because of the confusion you have pointed out! Lets call them Control Pads)
For Example: You can give the first Control Pad a name Downstairs, after that you can assign devices from the outside, living room, kitchen, and hallway. You can attach any scene you want as well. This format will allow more universal control than just being able to control a single room. If a single room is desired, however, one can set that up as well!
This is just a starting place…as I get more feedback I will know how to develop it to be a real universal application.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Tim

@TimAlls, thanxs, I see your screen shot, but my screen shot stops at “L”. Yes I’ve added devices and plug-in’s since last time. Do you need another JSON?

I agree, change the rooms to Control Pads more intuitive. Mike

Tim,

Is there any way to show on the scenes tab some kind of reference as to what the scene is actually doing? ie can it show for instance 10 minutes before sundown turn on lights a, b, c and turn up the heat 5 degrees…

[quote=“ballroller, post:72, topic:168313”]Tim,

Is there any way to show on the scenes tab some kind of reference as to what the scene is actually doing? ie can it show for instance 10 minutes before sundown turn on lights a, b, c and turn up the heat 5 degrees…[/quote]
I am not sure I follow you…are you referring to the button labels that activate the scenes?

Michael_N_Blackwell,
This version should take care of it. I underestimated the return file size due to a couple of Plug Ins you added.

Here is the version 1.009
Added multiple thermostat control
Added 24 hour snapshot graphing tool…
It will record 24 hours of device data and let you trend chart as many as 8 stacked devices on one chart.
Give it a try…the charting will be good for temperatures as well as recording those middle of the night things that are supposed to happen…EG turn off the lights after 1:00am etc
[url=http://www.box.net/shared/un0lmgvn7p]http://www.box.net/shared/un0lmgvn7p[/url]
The charting tool is brand new and will require more instruction most likely. I will be changing it tonight to separate digital devices out and display them on a digital waveform chart…easier to read. You can play with it in the mean time…the sample rate is defaulting to 2 seconds right now…I would run it at 60 second updates unless you are trying to capture security events.

Tim,

Looks like you broke something in 1.009…
dropdown menus for “control pads” (i like the name) are empty (dimmers/switches&scenes).
I cannot select any of my devices

While fixing that, could you add a knob on the thermostat page so i can select 0-8 like with dimmers, switches and scenes?

–edit–
None of my devices, scenes or switches are detected… and user_data2 is empty

–edit2–
cause: ip not correctly read from settings file…
after setting the correct IP i was back up and running, guess you provided a non-empty settings.txt with the download?

–edit3–
When clicking the change button an thermostat1 the first time i got a thermo.vi popup.
Is that ment to be? after that i didnt get it back, tested all buttons (without having a stat installed, its called a monkeyproof regression test…)
*edit: thats reproducable in fact! problem is: clicking the “done” button will allow to get the popup again for any thermostat. Clicking the right top X (close) will permanently shut the pop up…

@Henk,
I knew sooner or later I would forget to empty the IP text file! I was going cross eyed last night and just wanted to post and goto bed…oh well. At least you figured it out.
Yes to the knob for the number of thermostats…
I will look at the settings for the popup and remove the ability to close it…only by choosing “Done” on next release.

The new trend charts have been moved under the Report Tab…take a look. It needs work but it will give you an idea of what I want to do.

Take a look at the upcoming version feature: (snapshot below)
I wanted to be able to view snapshots of whats been going on with everything and it works better in a digital format…just off or on. It even converts dimmers to off or on signals so you can see when things happen.
More to come.
Regards
Tim

No.

In your Scenes tab, it shows a list of scenes available, but not what they do. Is there a way to depict what the scene actually calls for?

[quote=“TimAlls, post:73, topic:168313”][quote=“ballroller, post:72, topic:168313”]Tim,

Is there any way to show on the scenes tab some kind of reference as to what the scene is actually doing? ie can it show for instance 10 minutes before sundown turn on lights a, b, c and turn up the heat 5 degrees…[/quote]
I am not sure I follow you…are you referring to the button labels that activate the scenes?

…[/quote]

@ballroller

How about giving a scene a logical name?

something like: lights ON, shades DOWN, alarm ON, door LOCKED?

That would also make your life easier from within the UI and the names would simply port to Tim’s application.

I’ve already done that. I was just suggesting that having all of the information in front of you would make it much easier for the user to see what is actually happening with his/her scene production. I would imagine presenting that information in a logical, readable format would be very challenging, but Tim asked for our wish list… :wink:

It would be nice to be able to see the scene operating, in particular if one has set a timer to see that value and when it executed to see it count down useful when setting up motion detector and scenes with duration timers.

@TimAlls, .1009 allowed me to see my remaining devices (thanks), I also deleted my DAD since I wasn’t using it for anything other than monitoring earthquakes… ;D
Observations;

1. A lot of the tabs are informational data which is good but it would be nice if one could change value on the fly obviously within reason.

2. The graph capability needs work, I would select a device but did not see anything being graphed like when I turned it on or dimmed a device.

3. The layout needs thought re useability;

[ul][li]I would expect a operational tab that allows normal device condition status and operations for all devices (global status board). You have it but it’s fragment within various tabs[/li]
[li]Reporting Tab for reference information about devices/scenes[/li]
[li]Scenario development and test Tab[/li]
[li]LUA develop Tab[/li]
[li]VERA Housekeeping and log Tab[/li][/ul]

1. Would be nice to see a heartbeat indicating that app and VERA are communicating and that VERA is alive along with internet connectivity.

2. Each tab needs a tutorial as to purpose and how to use suggestion(s)

3. With the capability to change aspects the ability to update VERA to reflect. Is it possible to change rooms titles and sequence and then update?

4. The LUA example tab, it would be nice to have a list of functions to chose from and then be presented with the specific tabs. Looking at the current tab it looks like future examples will be contained in subsequent tabs?

v/r

Mike

I've already done that. I was just suggesting that having all of the information in front of you would make it much easier for the user to see what is actually happening with his/her scene production. I would imagine presenting that information in a logical, readable format would be very challenging, but Tim asked for our wish list......
I am thinking on that one.....it will require the user to fill in the information....the system won't give me that info.....its possible
1. A lot of the tabs are informational data which is good but it would be nice if one could change value on the fly obviously within reason.
Changing variables will be coming. As for setup and maintaining Vera that will always be done with the Vera UI.....beyond my capabilities....lets see how the next UI looks from MCV!
2. The graph capability needs work, I would select a device but did not see anything being graphed like when I turned it on or dimmed a device.
The update button defaulted to off at the bottom left....my mistake...wait until you see what is coming!...the new digital graghs are going to make you drool! This is going to be a great tool for automated scenes with timers and also rental properties that the owner wants to know what is going on!....
3. The layout needs thought re useability;
Lets wait until all the features are in place then we can rearrange the tabs to make sense.
4. Would be nice to see a heartbeat indicating that app and VERA are communicating and that VERA is alive along with internet connectivity.
I like that....let me see what I can do.
5. Each tab needs a tutorial as to purpose and how to use suggestion(s)
Agreed....too busy programming right now but it is coming.
Is it possible to change rooms titles and sequence and then update?
Yes...I will add it in.
7. The LUA example tab, it would be nice to have a list of functions to chose from and then be presented with the specific tabs. Looking at the current tab it looks like future examples will be contained in subsequent tabs?
I have been holding on the code generator....I wanted to know from the Guroos if my methods are a good way to go.....creating variable to watch....etc.....no comments from anyone.... I am looking into other methods as well....eg a new pluginin, but I am in need of more education!

More to come…thanks for the great feedback!

How does the thermostat function work for you?

Regards
Tim Alls