trane xr524 current temperature wrong

hey all, i recently paired 2 different Trane XR524 thermostats with my Vera Plus and i’m having the same issue with both of them: the current temperature that is shown in the Vera ui is different than the temperature shown on the thermostat. It almost seems like its a conversion issue or something… For example, if the temp is shown as 71 on the t-stat, it’ll be 69.8 in the UI, if it’s 67 on the t-stat, it’ll show 64.4.

Thoughts? I’ve got a case open with support, but they haven’t solved it yet.

I don’t have this thermostat but just guessing here that the vera is actually reporting a setpoint (cool setpoint?) on the device rather than the current temperature value?

do you know how I would confirm this? whats strange is that in my troubleshooting i’ve see it report the correct temperature momentarily, then switch to the (wrong) lower value.
Vera support thinks that the t-stat is rounding the value shown on the t-stat vs what is actually sent OR that there is some zwave parameter specific to this device that calibrates the zwave values sent. Personally, I don’t buy either of those theories though…

I would suggest to compare the display on the UI and your setpoint on the thermostat. This number has to come from somewhere and most likely is the Thermostat itself. It may just be the wrong variable.

Dont think its the setpoint, i’ve see the ‘current temp’ as far as 6 degrees off of the heating setpoint when the t-stat showed the setpoint and current temps as being exactly the same. Doesn’t seem like a resolution is in sight for this, support hasn’t been very helpful :frowning:

Hello jon102034050,
were you ever able to resolve this?
I have a Trane XL624 and I am seeing exactly the same behavior. MyVeraPlus reports a temperature 2 F lower than shown on the Thermostat itself (this is not a set point issue, those are reported properly, humidity in Vera is also matching the % humidity shown on the device).
the thermostat responds immediately to changing the set points, and I can poll the thermostat successfully. But still shows the wrong temperature. And all the calibration settings in the installer settings are set to 0 so that should not be it either.
I used to have a TRANE TZEMT500 and it never had that issue.
Is there a way to see/debug directly what comes over from the thermostat?
Any ideas are appreciated
Mike

Nope - never figured it out. Vera support was total trash, they blamed it on the device itself. This is despite the fact that I mentioned the t-stat works with Homeseer, ISY, HomeAssistant, and SmartThings.