Triggering Blue Iris camera recording via Vera LUUP code

Hello. LUUP code newbie here. Need help troubleshooting Blue Iris recording trigger from Vera using HTTP syntax.

I am able to send an HTTP request from my web browser to Blue Iris and activate recording on a specific camera:
http://192.168.1.xx:yy/admin?camera=cameraname&trigger&user=user&pw=password

I am attempting to do the same via a scene in Vera Plus using this syntax:
luup.inet.wget(“http://192.168.1.xx:yy/admin?camera=cameraname&trigger&user=user&pw=password”,5)

When I manually run the scene via the Vera UI, it either returns an error or says “success” but in fact no actual recording is triggered.

Note I turned off “secure session keys” on the BI web server. I know the BI PC firewall is not an issue since I can HTTP from the browser of a remote PC.

thanks in advance…

Should the quote be before the bracket.

,5")

The ,5) is correct as it is the timeout .

It is possible the security setting in vera, go to user & info - security, and allow unsafe Lua.

Thank you EICid - I tried that but still does not work (either says “scene failed to run”, or says “success” but recording did not occur).

My scene is configured with the Homeseer PIR motion detector model hs-fls100+. Any known issues with that? It was added into Vera and when I test motion, it correctly indicates “ON” status.

Also tried deleting and recreating the scene. On first run, says scene run failed, then after that says “success”. But is not recording.

thanks again for the help…

I just tested this in the code window and it worked.
luup.inet.wget(“http://192.168.0.174:81/admin?camera=backyard&trigger=1&user=#####&pw=#######”)
The format is a bit different then what you posted.
The documentation doesn’t show a trigger command without a parameter:

/admin?camera=x&trigger&memo=text Trigger camera or group x (short name) as an External
source; optionally add text to the memo field in the database.
/admin?camera=x&trigger=1 Trigger camera or group x (short name) as a Motion source
/admin?camera=x&trigger=-1 Trigger camera (short name) as an ONVIF source
/admin?camera=x&trigger=0 Reset trigger on camera (short name)
NOTE: With the ONVIF source, the camera will remain triggered until the &trigger=0
command is used and the break time has expired.

When you create a scene you have to wait 15 seconds for the luup engine to reload, that will be why you get the scene run fail message, followed by the success.

I think RogerO post may be correct.

Ok folks, after two days of troubleshooting this and pulling my hair out, the answer is really quite oblique.

If you want, try to guess before scrolling down a few lines…

I had been copying and pasting my command from Word. I retyped it and it worked. I had never typed it out from scratch, since I copied something from a previous post and put it into my “network documentation” file. And besides, documentation helps save time, right? I checked some other posts and there was a warning about this. Can someone explain… is it really that hard for an app to “strip out” non displayable information upon paste?

Works like a charm now. Thanks to all of you who replied. I hope my answer helps the next poor soul before they spend a weekend like I did.

1 Like