UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.8 (1.7.599/1.7.1181)

Just noticed Vera has published a new firmware version with a long list of fixes.

Changelog: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2004333-ui7-▾-version-7-0-8-1-7-599-1-7-1181-▾-june-4-2015

Looks like the Vision sensors are fixed too! I’m about to update so I’ll report back on the motion sensor issue.

I still haven’t upgraded from last month due to the minimote issue. Can anyone confirm if the June release fixes that issue?

+1

Edit: I see no mention of being able to set a thermostat to Auto and setting both a cool and heat point in a scene still (Hopefully next time…)
I see ZigBee mentioned, I wonder how/why (Bug Major Retry button not working in Zigbee Devices)

Can’t speak to the motion detector issue. I can say my upgrade appears to have been flawless. Which is new…

Monthly software update for June has just been released. Improvements to Dashboard Cards, Global PIN Code Management on door locks, expanded camera support, and more. Download today for the latest compatibility, functionality, and security.

Release notes: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2004333-ui7-▾-version-7-0-8-1-7-599-1-7-1181-▾-june-4-2015

I upgraded and it went off without a hitch. I passed on the last update but decided to jump in head first on this one.

Here are some of the things that I noticed so far

[ul][li]I can confirm that the multiple slider issue has been fixed. Now panels with more than one slider work famously. Yippie!!![/li]
[li]The checkboxes for straight text on the Device Variables are welcome. Now I can modify my plugins to use the escaped html values.[/li]
[li]When viewing the log file from a web page http:///cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP the page no longer scrolls. On one hand watching the log to see what happens when you do something on Vera becomes more difficult, however the scrollbars actually work to scroll back in time. Overall a win in my book.[/li]
[li]The user interface seems faster when transitioning between pages.[/li]
[li]Binary lights and switches still show OPEN/CLOSED instead of ON/OFF. Does anyone with a GD00Z have OPEN/CLOSED for the door and ON/OFF for binary lights? Every release there seems to be something relevant to the topic in the release notes. It was like a genie wish when I reported that my garage doors were reporting ON/OFF instead of OPEN/CLOSED back in November. Like I wished for a million bucks and then got trampled by a bunch of male deer.[/li]
[li]Device variables seem to be consistently saving if you leave the variables tab and go back.[/li]
[li]Multi-button scene/zone controllers such as the RZCZ4 now show ‘False’ in place of the button number text on the Scenes tab. It seems to work to assign the scene but there is obviously an issue with the text.[/li]
[li]I don’t have any of the afflicted motion detectors so I cannot report on that.[/li][/ul]

So far seems like it was a good choice to upgrade and it was painless.

[list][quote=“rstrouse, post:6, topic:187553”][ul][li]Binary lights and switches still show OPEN/CLOSED instead of ON/OFF. Does anyone with a GD00Z have OPEN/CLOSED for the door and ON/OFF for binary lights? Every release there seems to be something relevant to the topic in the release notes. It was like a genie wish when I reported that my garage doors were reporting ON/OFF instead of OPEN/CLOSED back in November. Like I wished for a million bucks and then got trampled by a bunch of male deer.[/li][/ul]

So far seems like it was a good choice to upgrade and it was painless.[/quote]

I have a GD00Z and mine show up as open/closed while my lights are on/off. Seems to work fine.

AEON minimote fixed! Need to remap scenes to buttons. Pay attention when doing so it is different then before. But I tested and it works!!!

My Linear GD00Zs now show up as “Indoor Switches” with some odd icon with 7.08. Originally when I installed them back in November they showed as Open/Closed switches and it turned all of my lights to Open/Closed. Then somewhere around 7.06 or so, the lights got fixed to be On/Off, but then the GD00Zs did too. Support had told me to delete the devices and re-install them, but that is a PitA so I’ll just be stuck until someone can fix this…

My Monoprice/Vision motion sensors are working correctly now!

Still stuck; how’d you do it?

I tried doing the update from 7.0.6 on my VeraEdge. Now I can’t load the web page, ssh into it, or ping it :frowning:
I tried doing the reset on the side of it about 3 times. When I did the update, I waited the fill 15 minutes and it said Lua was taking longer then expected, so I went down unplugged it and plugged it back in. Still no response after being plugged back in for 5 minutes. Held the reset switch for 30 seconds and waited 15 minutes trying to access it again. No response still. Unplugged it, plugged it back it and held the reset switch for 30 seconds again, waited 15 minutes trying to access it again. No response still. :frowning:
Any ideas?
Thanks

Still stuck; how’d you do it?[/quote]

Just on the Minimote trials here… I finally got one of my Minimotes to work with this latest firmware. Just delete/re-add the device until it works I guess… argh! I must have done this roughly ten times. I tried all kinds of combinations. Can’t Vera just include a MINIMOTE in the standard devices?!? They have Aeon keyfobs out the kazoo, but no Minimotes!!! I used Generic/Generic.

My Linear GD00Z is working correctly once again. Garage door is correct icon and labeled with Open/Closed. Lights are correct icon and labeled with On/Off. Update was very smooth, no noticeable issues yet. System is VeraLite and firmware version 1.7.599.

Mine is now as well. For any of you still struggling with your GD00Z and lights see the post below. It should fix you right up.
[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30736.msg236709.html#msg236709]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30736.msg236709.html#msg236709[/url]

Perhaps I was a little hasty regarding the “smooth” comment. My system just gave me the green circle of frustration for about 20 minutes. Then I received the following alerts when I came back online. Am opening service ticket to see if they can help determine what the problem is.

Also, does anyone know if MCV updates the mobile app at the same time as the system firmware? My GD00Z icon and labeling are correct on Devices page but not on the Dashboard of the mobile application.