UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019

as a daily practice, I clear files and reboot ever morning using a scene.
I was doing this before the upgrade and have continued after the upgrade.
I saw a "delete energy " files comment above and will probable add that to the script if it’s not in it already. Here’s the old thread.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,84365.0.html

So you just have a scene with these lines of LUA:

os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/dataMine")
os.execute("reboot")
1 Like

5 minute polls don’t really work for my travel as I can get from the geofence to the house within 5 minutes (comfortably)
Can’t set the geofence further or I might not leave it even though I’m out for hours.

Rafale, totally agree about the magic piece. It’s striking a balance between a piece of software that works but (for me) kills the battery and a piece of software that doesn’t kill the batter (even when it does work) and yet fails so often.

If I get a chance before I travel I’m going to try a reactor but I can’t see it really making much difference simply because Vera so often simply fails to notice that there’s a geofence.

Then I may go back to the iPhone locator.

Cheers

C

yep… however, I run all but the reboot in one scene and the reboot in a another scene 30 minutes later

and you can add the below … from above on April 18 post 75

rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy_cache_paired_devices.conf

although I have not investigated this yet.

1 Like

I’m using iPhone locator and 5-minute polling also with Reactor logic doing the heavy lifting - seems to work pretty well for the most part.

I used to use Skylark but the owner shut it down as it wasn’t profitable - was a real shame as it was completely bulletproof! I’ve tried quick control and didn’t like it plus it wasn’t reliable and I’ve also tried using the nest geofencing but it’s only reliable 95% of the time which is annoying.

It’d be great if iPhone location was a bit smarter - I noticed it has a dynamic option but the documentation is appalling and I can’t work out how it’s supposed to operate or be configured.

Since my iPhone already know were I am all the time I run location automations for Vera in Home app via homebridge, no extra battery use. Working really well for me.

Same issue here, and i find it completely stable using reactor instead, which makes it seem like its not the message from the phone to vera that goes undone, just the reaction from the UI7 functions…

Extroot it and you will never look back.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s the plan after I ensure stability. I’m still fighting a few devices. One of my door sensors are super slow to respond (5+ seconds) - worked great for years prior. I’m working with support but assume an exclude/include recommendation is forthcoming. :roll_eyes:

Afterwards, I’m sold on the extroot solution. Already purchased an SSD earlier this week.

A bit strange to run this. I would not recommend to run a full reboot every day and the -r is indicative of deleting a folder which for first 4 lines of your commands will not work since they are files. I actually don’t ever reboot my vera as it adds wear and tear to the storage…

On a separate not, with this firmware I have experienced twice a luup reload occurring while loading the web server page. It seemed to occur when I first load the page on a new browser and it is not very reproducible.

I should be able to provide a couple of scripts over the weekend for extrooted devices: One for backup of the system into the storage space, the other as a post upgrade firmware sync.

extroot?

More information please!

https://community.getvera.com/t/veraplus-flash-drive-usage/200467/132?u=rafale77

Sorry, I was referring to my post here. I feel I should post a fix for upgrade method 1.

Does this have to be a SSD or can a USB flash drive be used?

Is there a link to extroot?

Thanks.

Please look at the first post of that linked thread. It has a link to the extroot thread.

It is also here Vera extroot - #126 by kfxo - Vera Controllers & Cameras - Ezlo Community
Just need to scroll up :wink:

2 Likes

I am using reactor, I would be interested in how your geofence solution is set up in reactor. Are you just using it to set home/away modes?

I use it for home/away, and a big fence for Vacation mode (not tested yet). I set up reactors that only looks at “person X is home/work/someotherplace” with no activities, and use these in other reactors making the logic. this is to have a quick way to see whos where, and will be even more tidy in 3.0 when groups can be reused.

I havent made that much logic with it yet, but according to logs it registers all enter/exit messages…

Hmm, after the upgrade I have some weird things happening to my system.
Like: a switch, which is occasionally turning on by itself; an other switch, which is repeatedly reporting an “can’t detect device” error but when switched from UI reports back as working; a siren, which is repeatedly reporting as “tampered”, while not touched and not signaling any tampering (it should start the alarm when tampered with).
Don’t know if all issues are related to the upgrade, but they appeared at the same time, and all after the upgrade.

Maybe try to reboot? The only way I had this happen was when I had two instances of the luup engine running simultaneously.

Two instances of luup? On the normal setup?
Anyway, I did reboot and will see what happen

Yes, it is very rare but can occur when the luup reload script tries to kill one instance which is stuck before starting a new one.

if you run

ps aux

you may see two processes called “LUAUPnP”.

I have been fiddling with new updated packages in the mios opkg repo and after an update to the zwaveserial package am finding my vera having almost zero lag to zwave commands. A shocking improvement!