UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback

I think after the system is made stable the ability for a user to customize the UI with photos of their room or a floor plane view so that we can place the devices as the sit in our home or building would be a great feature. ONLY AFTER ITS MADE STABLE!

Also give us the ability to choose what ICON we want or need for the device we installed.

[quote=“akbooer, post:51, topic:199682”]First post on this thread?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,103076.msg412963.html#msg412963[/quote]

Sorry, I must be losing it. I couldn’t find anything on that post that pointed to a source for installing the U18 preview, or is that .jpg file pic considered the “preview”?

Hi,
I really like that MIOS finally is working with the users, for that my suggestion for this is make a list of all the improvements suggested or ideas and just put a like to see how many people like would like that idea implemented.
For me its important the multi controller and a central controller interface with status of that controller (controller online, how many devices are on it and how many offline). The integration of customize icons , backgrounds on each device like imperihome does, Pages to make a Main interface and the personalized UI for each user ( like my wife doesn’t care about the car charger usage or the boiler on and off, just that it works). A simple way to do if this then that. A proper app store to also allow people to create plug-in and sell them (everybody have to eat :slight_smile: …and could be an encouragement to develop more app and features). i would love to see the load this web page and put it exactly where i left it (in ma case for weather maps, bus routes that show where my bus is, garbage collection days, a bit more home and city interaction) maybe a neighborhood common things a calendar of parking lot cleaning, snow blower working times, HA! now that i see u have users , maybe home routines (responsibilities) remainders, for phones and smartwatches( there is no excuses :slight_smile: ).
like night , vacation and at home, on optional extra mode Day and darkness ( some of us live a bit on the north :slight_smile: ) were all you can put from what time is light and then all dark maybe a calendar of light time that will influence how the outside lamps work or how the night laps to the bathroom operate (repeat a calendar for that would be great).
something that could maybe work for an APP for a quick load is just save the last know configuration and the load the new one (if it takes a some time).
A good backup one the cloud of the config in the vera account would be nice.
a button of clean up the cache ( i had my vera stuck with old update and logs file that i could not do an new update)

well those are a few ideas on the top pf my mind :smiley:

here is couple of more suggestions
Android: maybe being able to use the android widgets in the interface? in a square like a plugin, to integrate spotify or the wheather for example

some support for spotify playlists and DTS play-fi

Yes

Do you have any screen captures of the Web interface for UI8?

I would like the ability to put Favorite Scenes on the Dashboard. There are certain scenes I run every day, having them on the Dashboard would be helpful. Presently in UI7 you can only have Favorite Devices (and on the cell phone interface there are My Shortcuts, but I have NO IDEA how to create a shortcut to either a device or scene).

-MC

[quote=“MichaelCoffin, post:65, topic:199682”]Do you have any screen captures of the Web interface for UI8?

I would like the ability to put Favorite Scenes on the Dashboard. There are certain scenes I run every day, having them on the Dashboard would be helpful. Presently in UI7 you can only have Favorite Devices (and on the cell phone interface there are My Shortcuts, but I have NO IDEA how to create a shortcut to either a device or scene).

-MC[/quote]

Of course. The web application will have the same customisable user interface as the mobile apps. More than this the changes made on your phone are going to be reflected on all interfaces.
Besides that, the web application will support advanced settings (Luup code enabled scenes, variable access and other fine tuning elements that make sense in a mouse/keyboard environment).

Wow, assuming that is just a wireframe/mock up but it is actually looking like a modern automation interface ;D Lets hope the feature set/standard plugins/reliability and new logic engine live up to the hype :slight_smile:

Looking at the example UI8 I would like to suggest that when a mulit sensor (3 or 4 environmental sensors built in) is detected there should be an option to group the icons into one custom named tile. I have more than one multi sensor in a room or outside and trying to determine what temp, humidity or luminosity sensor belong to what device is confusing at a quick glance. It also looks very cluttered.

On the programming UI, I would love to have a much better programming interface with full logic “and & or” support. When programming in Luup, as others have mentioned error checking before saving is long over due. Too many times Vera goes crazy because of a simple Luup error. The UI graciously tells you that you made a mistake but does not tell you what scene or line number the error is at. This error checking should be built in.

With all these new changes happening I sure hope that Vera will remain functioning in local mode if the Internet is down. This is one reason why I’m still using Vera. My Internet is not reliable and Vera needs to keep working even if the Internet is not. Build a time circuit into your hardware that will keep the date/time running so scenes don’t start activating at unwanted times as Vera looses its time synch.

Support for more cameras like Amcrest natively is needed. Current camera UI is slow and unreliable. Pan/tilt and zoom is hit and miss without user intervention or plugins.

Feature 1: I have a lot of devices and about 20 “rooms”. I use a lot of them all of the time, so having them sorted by room makes sense (i.e. can’t really use a single favorites window). I also currently use Imperihome. My issue with Imperihome is that when I swipe through the rooms, I will sometime turn random items on/off due to the device not reacting quickly enough. I’d like to see an interface where I can swipe between rooms AND select the room from a dropdown to move directly to that room. This way I can swipe to rooms on either side or quickly skip to the end rather than swiping 20 times.

Feature 2: When swiping between rooms and you reach the end, please don’t just stop. When at the end of the rooms and you swipe again you should go back to the beginning.

Hi ,

If this is off topic please supress this post !

Is VeraLite will be supported in U8 release ?

Thank you

I really hope UI8 banishes the constant need for hard browser refreshes every time you change something in your Vera HAC!

I’ve been building a bunch of scenes with reactor logic sensors today and the constant hard browser refreshes have been driving me insane - it makes even the simplest changes take more than double the time they should, this has really got to be fixed as a priority with UI8 imo!

Hi!

When is UI8 up for release?

BR

That makes me nervous.

The UI that I need is different from the UI my spouse needs. I want a detailed granular view, she wants quick access to some comfort controls, security status and to view specific devices. Then there are control tablets.

I don’t want an apple homepod-esque experience that assumes a single user with a single mobile device.

For the LUA code:

• now the format is proportional. Most programmers would like non-proportional ?
  • in UI7 the panels are quite small …
    OK, I prepare the code in another place and copy and paste it into UI7, but for readability …

That makes me nervous.

The UI that I need is different from the UI my spouse needs. I want a detailed granular view, she wants quick access to some comfort controls, security status and to view specific devices. Then there are control tablets.

I don’t want an apple homepod-esque experience that assumes a single user with a single mobile device.[/quote]

What I said is a change is going to reflect on all your devices. PER USER not per controller. So you have no reason to be mad. More than this you will have the option to turn this feature off if you want and you will get different organisations even for same user devices.

I would like to see a feature that allows to design my own dashboard so that I can add everything that I use the most, I find it convenient and also for save time.

[size=8pt]___________________________________________________________________________________[/size]
[size=8pt]Mini Militia[/size] [size=8pt]App Lock[/size] [size=8pt]7Zip[/size]

When adding devices I remember a peculiar type of sorting of the predefined / well-known devices ?
I had to look all entries over before selecting or not finding the one searched for ?
Any improvement is welcome.

I like it very much its all functions Real users Sizegenetics pics work properly and its look is awesome and attractive but is there any desktop view it yes tell me

I’m very happy to see this new development in the advancement of Mios and Vera. I feel like I must be dreaming. :wink:
There are a great deal of excellent ideas and suggestions here and it’s encouraging to see that those thoughts are being acknowledged and noted.

I have many suggestions as well, but I will post them in the pertinent threads. As for the UI, I agree with many that there should be a front end and a back end, each geared towards their real purpose. The front end should allow for “skinning”. This will allow the UI to take the same route as the plugins, which I’m sure ~99% of Vera users will agree, are one of the most appealing aspects of the Vera – and make it way, WAY better than it could be without the aid of countless hours of free work on the behalf of independent developers. However, I’m sure that they would also agree that you can’t pass off a Toyota Corolla as a Porsche by slapping a Porsche body onto its frame. It sure would be nice to be able to pretend we all have a Porsche though, metaphorically speaking. Personally, given the tools, I think I’d have a lot of fun creating my own skin and icons and it would be very nice to match your displays with your decor, or lighting for that matter. Imagine the ability to change skins with a scene. You could indicate certain conditions and be aware of them at a glance without scanning an entire page of devices.

Functionally, I would say my most prevalent request (read: nuisance), would be that I’d like to be able to duplicate scenes in order to modify them slightly. It is a colossal amount of redundant work to recreate a scene numerous times, only to change one variable in a Lua script. Perhaps if more conditionals were an option for scene triggers, that wouldn’t be such an issue, but that’s a topic for another thread.

Thanks for your consideration.

Not sure if this request is in the right thread but so far I haven’t seen anyone request an Advanced or Experts UI.
Features of the Experts UI could include (but not limited to):

[ul][li][size=1em]Plug In control (Addition and Deletion)[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Secure & non-secure Inclusion[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Reset & Factory Reset (Z-Wave Newtwork Date)[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Scan Devices[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Test Nodes[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Optimize Network[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Controller management (Setting Primary and Slave)[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Back Up[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Restore[/size][/li]
[li][size=1em]Restart and Erase[/size][/li][/ul]
I’m sure there are many other features that users would like to see, HS provides excellent Tools, anything approaching their Tools would be beneficial.