Unable to save changes to SMTP Notification Messagew Activity

i downloaded the latest stable branch and now i can’t save any changes to my reactor sensors. i’ve tried a hard refresh of the browser, then a full reboot. i uninstalled and re-installed, then tried the hard reset and reboot as well (testing to see if i could save between all steps). the UI button shows “save” when i make changes. when i click it it shows the “wait” and then shows a grayed out “save.” so it looks like things saved, but if i leave the page and come back, i am back to the old settings. EDIT: seems to be only on the SMTP Notification message field.

Not sure if it is related, but at the bottom of the page, even though i’ve selected show all activities, it displays “Not all possible activities are being shown. Choose “All” from the “Show Activities” menu at top to see everything.”

Your last comment makes me believe you are not on the right code. What does the footer in the Tools tab show for version? It should say “3.6develop-20128”

Reactor ver 3.6develop-20128 © 2018,2019 Patrick H. Rigney, All Rights Reserved. Please check out the online documentation and community forums for support.

OK. So let me make sure I understand the problem now after your edit… the issue is only with the SMTP notification message field not saving?

yep. i changed the subject and recipients without issues. the message body is the one that seems to be stuck. it does have an expression in there, but even trying to change it to some text yields the same results.

Can you post the text you are trying to save?

Also, can you test with just plain text, no expressions or special characters, and see if it behaves the same way?

this is the message i was trying to put in there:

{ "REACTOR ALERT \n=======================\n\n MESSAGE:\n REPLACEthisTEXT \n\n--------------------------------\nTime: " + strftime(‘%H:%M:%S %m-%d-%Y’) }

I’ve tried plain text and same behaviour.

actually, i think i just found the issue. maybe you can recreate it. the activity that i was trying to modify was also copied to another activity. every time i try to modify it, it picked up the value of the copied activity. i just changed the other activity and the activity i was trying to change now has the same values as the copy.

Got it. OK. Will get that fixed.

now that i know, i can work around it.

OK. I’m testing the fix now. I will grease this fix into the 3.6 release tomorrow.

2 Likes

As always, thank you!

1 Like