Undstanding 'Device Options' and the correct method to update and add configuration settings

Ok thanks, I’m not familiar with Luup so will give the auto-configure a try. Are there any side-effects of turning auto-configure to 0?

I changed autoconfigure to no. It did not immediately remove the waiting for wakeup warning. I will wait a bit and see if it changes.

None that I’ve noticed, worst case scenario you set it back to default.

1 week later and device is still “waiting for wakeup”, and device is on the “Device is unresponsive” list even though its working. Should this be reported or do Vera Staff read these forums?

Depending on the device in the Advance tab->service you can press the “Configure Node Now” button, then go to the device and wake it up, usually this is pressing the inclusion button on the device, or shaking it to trigger a tamper, or even remove and re-add the battery, whatever is going to get it to wake up and do the configuration.
The other thing that might be causing a problem is a bad configuration on your part which will make the configuration never happen. You might try one parameter at a time if you aren’t sure. To ensure you don’t have an invalid entry in your list.

Thanks, up to this point it still said “waiting for device to wakeup” then I clicked on the “Configure node now” button and the “waiting for device to wakeup” disappeared without me doing anything to the device. Lets see if it sticks!

oops spoke too soon…it came back a few minutes later.

Do you have any configurations that you’ve manually inputted?

Just 1 so far, but I only changed the desired value and data size. It was previously:

• Data Size: Monitor Only
  • Desired Value: 3

I’m guessing on dec/hex, but have tried both without success.

I would do this:

Exclude the device
Factory Restore the device
Reinclude
Make sure it completes the first configuration before making any changes
Then change any parameters

Also even though it says it is a 2 byte field, since you are only setting it to a 1, I would try a 1 byte field, it is possible the docs are incorrect.

The docs say valid values are 1-255, which is consistent with a one-byte length… as @shallowearth suggests, doc error likely…

Yup! 1 Byte did the trick! Had to exclude/include to reset device, then did 1 byte dec and that configured immediately after playing with the tamper switch.

Cheers thanks all…these smart devices are so dumb. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like