Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice

I also think a clean upgrade path with low risk of bricking your unit is critical. I have had to SSH in twice to revive it. I?m and engineer, but typical consumer would be lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guyā€™s, is Vera going to add Zigbee 3.0 support in this release?

I just bought a Zigbee 3.0 smart-socket to act as a range extender for my blinds only to discover it doesnt seem to work (aside from pairing) with my Vera Plus.

[quote=ā€œdJOS, post:62, topic:200593ā€]Guyā€™s, is Vera going to add Zigbee 3.0 support in this release?

I just bought a Zigbee 3.0 smart-socket to act as a range extender for my blinds only to discover it doesnt seem to work (aside from pairing) with my Vera Plus.[/quote]

I didnā€™t read the specs but I wonder if ZigBee 3.0 is software only or if it requires new hw.

Any idea when the Alexa API will be re-written to allow users to trigger Alexa routines from motion sensors?

[quote=ā€œDomoworking, post:63, topic:200593ā€][quote=ā€œdJOS, post:62, topic:200593ā€]Guyā€™s, is Vera going to add Zigbee 3.0 support in this release?

I just bought a Zigbee 3.0 smart-socket to act as a range extender for my blinds only to discover it doesnt seem to work (aside from pairing) with my Vera Plus.[/quote]

I didnā€™t read the specs but I wonder if ZigBee 3.0 is software only or if it requires new hw.[/quote]

Phillips were able to upgrade the Hue Hub v2 to support v3.0 so im guessing itā€™s mostly software.

I wonder if the Alexa limitation is more Amazon than Vera? It would be great if we could use Alexa as an audible alarm, and have it tell us about what is going on.

[quote=ā€œSorin, post:47, topic:197388ā€]FULL Schlage locks fix will be included with 7.25 FINAL, which is around the corner.
Thank you everyone for the patience.[/quote]

@Sorin, I didnā€™t see Schlage locks on the hit list above - are the Schlage fixes still on track?

[quote=ā€œblaceyā€][quote=ā€œSorin, post:47, topic:197388ā€]FULL Schlage locks fix will be included with 7.25 FINAL, which is around the corner.
Thank you everyone for the patience.[/quote]

@Sorin, I didnā€™t see Schlage locks on the hit list above - are the Schlage fixes still on track?[/quote]Mine are working fine now. What f/w are you using?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Iā€™m running version 1.7.4001 a Vera Plus (firmware 7.0.27). Actually, looks like I misread @Sorinā€™s post when I recently saw it. I replied thinking his post was in 2019, not 2018. Currently I have have to work around a firmware issue by disabling ā€œautomatically configureā€ in my Schlage Locks that hampers the lock reliability. Iā€™ve used Schlage Locks in multiple homes over the years but purchased a newer model last July that hasnā€™t worked properly since I installed it.

That said, I donā€™t want to hijack this firmware thread with my Schlage Lock issues - PM me if anyone has ideas.

However, it would be useful if @Sorin can weigh in about current Schlage Lock compatibility and any known issues that will be fixed in the 7.0.29 firmware update.

[quote=ā€œmelih, post:59, topic:200593ā€][quote=ā€œSorin, post:58, topic:200593ā€][glow=red,2,300]Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch![/glow]

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

[ul][li]Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled[/li][/ul]

Surprise :slight_smile:

[ul][li]Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)[/li][/ul][/quote][/quote]

Great to see things are progressing! Is there any chance you could squeeze in fixes for Aeotec ZW132 Dual Nano switch which seems to try to poll child devices and cause Z-Wave network instability and poor performance? Iā€™ve tried upgrading from Vera 3-> Vera Plus, bought a Aeotec stick so I could update firmware on the Z132 but I still have the problem. I know Asia/Pacific isnā€™t a huge market but given the market dominance of Aeotec devices in Australia it would be great if they could be given some focus!! Please!!!

1 Like

Hi,

Perhaps a function you can add.

if the VERA detect an ā€œERROR : Error in lua for scenes and eventsā€, the system waits 60 seconds and the reloads, and an option to disable/enable this featureā€¦

Please. I get this error 2 times a week, at least

[quote=ā€œcokeman, post:71, topic:200593ā€]Hi,

Perhaps a function you can add.

if the VERA detect an ā€œERROR : Error in lua for scenes and eventsā€, the system waits 60 seconds and the reloads, and an option to disable/enable this featureā€¦

Please. I get this error 2 times a week, at least[/quote]
Honestly I am hoping this firmware FIXES that error. I think it was introduced in the last firmwareā€¦ Has something to do with the order that things are loaded during a luup reloadā€¦

Testing should have caught this bug before it got to the wild. I donā€™t think their testing scenarios are complex enough to include a lot of user LUA.

canā€™t wait,

will it fix the WIFI problems?

1. Access internet via WIFI (accessing existing wireless access-point) but having/keeping OFF its own wifi 2.4 and 5Ghz? (at the moment is all ON or all OFF)
  2. SSID name changes
  3. password changes
  4. MACs filteringā€¦
    etc ā€¦

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,85516.msg436185.html#msg436185

Fingers crossedā€¦

Good job, canā€™t wait !!

Iā€™m wondering about how this firmware will work with the VeraLite. I have a Veralite that I have not been able to update due to space issues. Iā€™m curious what the new firmware footprint is compared to the existing? Iā€™m currently on 1.7.963 and running only the BlueIris plugin. I have a VeraPlus for the rest of my needs.

I have a G which is about the same as the lite as far as I know, and I gave up a few updates back. I was considering upgrading when they got bought out. Now I need to see what the newer hardware looks like. The info on the Atom is pretty scarce right now. Looks like we should know fairly soon.

I have a Vera 3. Here is how I update:

1. Do a full backup with z-wave.
  2. Factory reset the controller.
  3. Update the firmware.
  4. Restore from backup with z-wave.

I just updated Friday night to get a new Zooz sensor to include.

[quote=ā€œDon Phillips, post:77, topic:200593ā€]I have a Vera 3. Here is how I update:

1. Do a full backup with z-wave.
  2. Factory reset the controller.
  3. Update the firmware.
  4. Restore from backup with z-wave.

I just updated Friday night to get a new Zooz sensor to include.[/quote]^^^^^ Exactly how i do it on my Lite

[quote=ā€œDomoworking, post:63, topic:200593ā€][quote=ā€œdJOS, post:62, topic:200593ā€]Guyā€™s, is Vera going to add Zigbee 3.0 support in this release?

I didnā€™t read the specs but I wonder if ZigBee 3.0 is software only or if it requires new hw.[/quote]

I believe ZigBee 3 is essentially ZigBee LL and HA merged into one standard. I am guessing the controllers query device properties and use that to decide if they should use the LL or HA commands if the device isnā€™t natively zigbee3.

I believe Hue only added support for ZigBee 3 devices in the lighting/switch profiles. This is a lot less work than managing an upgrade with the full HA profile space.

In the new firmware ā€¦Please consider the new developments of Googleā€¦

For example BLINDS!!!

Thank you