Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice

Is integration with Google Home (which has supposedly been about to be released any time now for over a year) and IFTTT (which has been in beta for more than a year) on track to be released soon or is that only going to happen after the all new firmware is released? Thanks.[/quote]

melih, I take it from the lack of a response that neither of these are coming anytime soon?

At the moment we have multiple teams...a team working on stabilizing the old firmware and another writing a brand new firmware. Both teams have as many people as they can take. The roadmap for the new firmware is not released yet. What is released above is the update to the old firmware.

Regarding the brand new firmware… Will this run on existing hardware? And what is being done to release new and more robust hardware?

[quote=“dmevis, post:42, topic:200593”]

At the moment we have multiple teams…a team working on stabilizing the old firmware and another writing a brand new firmware. Both teams have as many people as they can take.
The roadmap for the new firmware is not released yet. What is released above is the update to the old firmware.

Regarding the brand new firmware… Will this run on existing hardware? And what is being done to release new and more robust hardware?[/quote]

Brand New Firmware: 2 step
a)first it will run on brand new hardware
b)once backward compatibility is fully tested, it will be released for older hardware.

New Hardware:
Wait and see! You will be amazed!

[quote=“melih, post:43, topic:200593”][quote=“dmevis, post:42, topic:200593”]

At the moment we have multiple teams…a team working on stabilizing the old firmware and another writing a brand new firmware. Both teams have as many people as they can take.
The roadmap for the new firmware is not released yet. What is released above is the update to the old firmware.

Regarding the brand new firmware… Will this run on existing hardware? And what is being done to release new and more robust hardware?[/quote]

Brand New Firmware: 2 step
b)once backward compatibility is fully tested, it will be released for older hardware.

New Hardware:
Wait and see! You will be amazed![/quote]

Sounds good, it’ll be interesting to see the difference between the old and new platforms. Personally I’m ok with spending $200+ USD on a good quality HAC and I look forward to my Vera Plus unleashing it’s full potential.

Btw, are you decoupling the supported zwave / Bluetooth / Zigbee Devices from the FW are as has been requested my almost every one? This really needs to be it’s own database that can be updated dynamically so new devices are available as soon as they’ve been validated.

[quote=“melih, post:43, topic:200593”]Brand New Firmware: 2 step

New Hardware:
Wait and see! You will be amazed![/quote]

Will it be possible to migrate to the new hardware from old vera at step 1?
I guess it will be at step 2… (?)

Glad to see the VeraSecure finally get some attention. The fact that you had to call into support just to get the wi-fi properly disabled or use a static IP was just stupid…

100%!!

Our promise is to be integrated with every commercially available device! For that we do need an amazing infrastructure which I believe we now have.

Melih, you mentioned the new UI would be on new hardware first, then a backwards compatible release for old hardware second. When will new hardware be out? Will it be through Vera or Ezlo? Any insights on what the specs will be?

I wasn’t referring to new UI but new firmware. New UI is running its development independently of the hardware.

Our hardware platform will be called Ezlo and cloud platform called Mios.

Our hardware platform will be called Ezlo and cloud platform called Mios.[/quote]

So, what about the current VERA products? Are they being to be “freezed”, not updated and, eventually, discontinued? . . . Or, in the less worse case name changed?
8(

Our hardware platform will be called Ezlo and cloud platform called Mios.[/quote]

So, what about the current VERA products? Are they being to be “freezed”, not updated and, eventually, discontinued? . . . Or, in the less worse case name changed?
8([/quote]

we will continue to support all the hardware products and update them.

8([/quote]

we will continue to support all the hardware products and update them.[/quote]

Also with new firmware and functions? Let me be a bit serious on this, I just bought a VERA Edge few months ago, so, will be my investment protected? It is a question that I am sure that many VERA users have in their brains after having read your comment

Additionally, I was planning to buy and implement a new VERA Edge in a vacation home I have, I understand I should put “on freeze” my plans till we have a clear plan and time schedule and new products announcements from you . . .

100%!!

Our promise is to be integrated with every commercially available device! For that we do need an amazing infrastructure which I believe we now have.[/quote]

Excellent, thank you. 8)

8([/quote]

we will continue to support all the hardware products and update them.[/quote]

Also with new firmware and functions? Let me be a bit serious on this, I just bought a VERA Edge few months ago, so, will be my investment protected? It is a question that I am sure that many VERA users have in their brains after having read your comment

Additionally, I was planning to buy and implement a new VERA Edge in a vacation home I have, I understand I should put “on freeze” my plans till we have a clear plan and time schedule and new products announcements from you . . .[/quote]

you can go ahead with your plans. We will be there support you all the way.

This is looking good. Glad to see some progress. Though while the list is longish, what is listed is more what should be fixed in a month or so of work as many of the issues fixed are fairly minor. Some even basically repeat or the same fix would resolve multiple issues listed.

I am curious what has changed under the hood.

Are we still running the same Z-Wave and ZigBee SDKs?
Has Bluetooth been (re)enabled?
What has been done with the LUA engine (what version is it now based on)?
Has the underlying Linux OS changed?
What is happening with is happening with Energy Monitoring?
What has changed with security protocols or ciphers?

Has anything changed with other Vera brand hardware such as their cameras?

Sorry Melih, but to me this is just a firmware update as it should have come 6 months ago… according to what ezlo has communicated to come the last 6 months I wpuld have expected a lot more…

Good firmware is more important than good karma…

Hello melih,

Would you be able provide any information on the Vistacam 1200 Doorbell Cam?

Thanks,
-Sharks

Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch!

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled

+ Surprise integration

[ul][li]Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)[/li][/ul]

1 Like

[quote=“Sorin, post:58, topic:200593”][glow=red,2,300]Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch![/glow]

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

[ul][li]Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled[/li][/ul]

Surprise :slight_smile:

[ul][li]Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)[/li][/ul][/quote]

When?

My VeraPlus on version 7.0.27 / 1.7.4001 is quite stable and based on past experience I’m quite nervous this won’t go well.

Last time I had to have someone from Romania remote into my PC to ssh into my controller to bring it back to life which didn’t really sit too well with me.

Do you have a better plan for successful OTA upgrades this time around?

Are you going to kill some or all of my customization, especially Autelis Pool Control Plugin which I rely on for controlling my pool?