Good news, I guess
The direct transfer Vera 3 UI5 to Vera Edge UI7 procedure works on the Vera Plus as one might expect. The previous attempt failed apparently because the two controllers were not close enough to each other. The doc specifies 2 feet so apparently the transfer occurs through mind control or something
I transferred my Vera 3 UI5 to the Vera Plus UI7 and everything appears in tact with the exception of the PLEGs AND VERA ALERTS.
VERA ALERTS - apparently installed but does not show up anywhere on the DEVICE panel except in LIST mode, its assigned to a “ROOM” called “2Z Applications” but it does not show up and nothing I’ve done so far has revealed it. The USERS and PROFILES are present but none of the USERS are assigned in SETTINGS and NONE of the NOTIFICATION CONFIGURATIONS came over. The “ADVANCED” and “REGISTER” tabs are missing so I can’t even purchase a new license for it.
- I purchased a new license but I can’t get it to accept the license data.
- NONE of the DEVICE TRIGGERS are present
- NONE of the CONDITIONAL LOGIC is present
- ACTION and NOTIFICATIONS are present but not none of the NOTIFICATIONS are assigned to any users because they apparently didn’t get transferred either.
- The few actual ZWave devices came over intact and are fully controllable and reporting .
If I could get the PLEGS to activate perhaps I could find out it the TRIGGERS and CONDITIONS are actually still there or if I’m going to have to rebuild everything.
Interestingly the things that were supposed to transfer fine didn’t and the things that were supposed to be a problem, the ZWave, wasn’t. The GetVera.com stuff I expected to e a problem turned out fine whereas Richard’s stuff that I expected to come over fine didn’t.
The upside is that checking the Memory and CPU usage the Vera Plus has reduced it drastically.
Vera 3 95% 2-14%
Plus 54% 1-2%
If the problems thus far are a harbinger of the main Vera transfer I may need a few weeks and an other case or two of wine to get everything running again. I have 80 ZWave DEVICES, six PLEGs and LOTS AND LOTS of logic in them, VeraAlerts, and if I have to rebuild it it will take days.
VeraAlerts suddenly decided to show up when I accessed the VeraPlus via direct IP rather than through the GetVera gateway. However it still does not have ADVANCED or REGISTER tabs, the NOTIFICATIONS are gone and I am unable to assign USERS to PROFILES, tye selections don’t stick.
I had forgotten to update to the current UI7 version of Richards PLEG and AverAlerts Plugins. Once I did that I got the VeraAlerts running and managed to purchase new licenses and get them licensed. Everything looks to be in place, USERS, PROFILES, USER<->PROFILE relatationships and even all the NOTIFICATION CONFIGURATIONS
After updating the PLEG Plugins I tried Register it clears the screen but does not give any registration options. Reported to Richard and waiting to hear back.
After much gnashing of teeth and a few restarts and refreshes the system finally allowed me to access the PLEg Registration and I successfully registered the 2 PLEGS. I was able to set all the NOTIFICATIONS (they come over with no users selected)
Now I find that I can’t manually turn OFF a switch in a MultiSwitch. I can turn it on but it refuses to turn off. At this point I haven’t determined if they are also disabled for setting by program logic or HTTP commands but at this point its a no-go because I use a few for system control functions from ImperiHome tablets. Also I can’t change the button labels, they don’t take after a restart. I’ll investigate that later.
[UPDATE 5 14:29]
I’ve swapped IP addresses around to make the new Vera Plus the active second Vera and surprisingly everything I’ve tested seems to work.
DSC Alarm Interface
I had to move the DSC interface setting on the Vera 3 to a phony address as it doesn’t allow more than one device to access it. Tested and the Vera can arm and disarm the DSC. Tested from an unmodified ImperiHome panel and that also worked.
The Arduino subsystem interface even works so I’m doubly surprised.
Works, I can control pages and send TTS to the panel
HTTP Command Communications
The Vera <-> Vera and Blue Iris <-> Vera HTTP interface appears to be working fine. My Vera <-> Vera Heartbeat appears to be working.
Surprise, even the GCal settings came over and it detects a temporary travel item I set.
I like it even less than the first time I saw it. Its wasteful of screen real estate, just generally “messy”
[UPDATE 6 20160727]
I put this in here to keep it all in one place. It looks like some of problems I had may have been related to accidentally using the Windows Edge browser. It looks like it really has problems with the Vera UI … and a lot of other things too I made sure to use FireFox and everything has been going well since.