Urban Weather Station Netatmo LUA Script for Vera

Maybe if you buy me one…

I don’t have one myself, just I’m sad to see the results are stored into a VContainer instead of humidity / temperature / CO2 etc etc etc virtual sensors.

The Vcontainer thing works quite neatly, I have three, one for outside, one for my lounge and one for the bedroom - my extra Netatmo module should arrive any day and I’ve been playing with the code to try to add the third Vcontainer etc. In PLEG you can see the VContainer variables and so make use of them, and they look neat on the dashboard. For example, my exterior module is named “Tauherenikau Climate” because that’s where I live and what it is showing me. When Netatmo release their rain and wind sensors these will add to the local climate data.

However… it seems to me MIOS apps are free, and that a lot of folk around here spend a lot of their time helping people like us out. So, if there was a proper Netatmo app in the MIOS store and I had to pay for it I would. $9.99 seems fair to me, then the author would only need to sell ten of them to buy that Netatmo!

your numbers don’t add up, last time I checked the Netatmo was retailing for $179 :wink:

Yep sorry, the additional module is I think 99, the full set is 179.

This Netatmo has fully exceeded my expectations.

The seamless remote access, and infinite automatic data logging without a PC are what really make me glad I went this route.

I am really impressed by the CO2 monitoring. It is fascinating to see the impact of live humans and electronics on a room’s CO2 level.

The system as-is is amazing. The addition of the rain/wind sensors will make it perfect.

good to know! did you notice any interference with Z-Wave devices at all?

good to know! did you notice any interference with Z-Wave devices at all?[/quote]

No problems at all with my 20+ z-wave modules.

In France, here are the prices : Netatmo | Netatmo

Just got my Netatmo Weather Station today, setup was very easy with IPad app a delight to use.
I used V3 of the Lua code with success and posted it in a scene with a recurring schedule of 10 mins as described. So far so good, however haven’t been able to get it to work with datamine, anyone had success?

Likewise, got my Netatmo Additional Module yesterday and it was a simple upgrade. Even the base unit firmware upgrade to support it was automated. The only flaw was that there were no instructions to say don’t install the batteries until prompted, so I pass that on here to save anyone else having to take them out again half way through! I can’t wait for the rain and wind sensors that are tipped for late this year.

I have written to Netatmo to suggest that as they already have a CO2 sensor they might incorporate some other gas sensors such as CO, Natural Gas or smoke. Just as I use four way sensors with my Z-Wave setup for automation and security, the Netatmo could deliver weather and safety information.

I believe they are looking at crowd sourcing weather data as well by annoymising our personal data to build up a picture of microclimates etc that other providers don’t.

Got my additional station today, really simple to add to my original setup. Anyone managed to adapt the code to obtain the data from the additional module.

I’m loving this thing. I was out of town this week and it was close to 100F outside. I noticed that the inside temp was about 85F (should be about 78), so I checked my thermostat. it was not cooling. I called my AC guy and he said he’d check it out. I had it fixed before I returned home yesterday from 600 miles away.

I could have noticed this from the thermostat, but I don’t constantly check that and I don’t have a vera scene set up for that. the netatmo temperature graph makes it really easy to monitor what’s happening. Netatmo also lets you set alerts (outside temp reached 95, inside temp reaches 85, etc).

Now I need to pick up a set of extra inside sensors to monitor other parts of the house.

Do you need to put the outdoor sensor in a dry place? Is it water resistant?

I read on their forum that all new ones would be water resistant. Not sure when this starts.

Mine does not look rainproof. I have it mounted under an eave where it won’t get any rain.

Was just checking the forum, but missed that one. Will you be able to send “alerts” based on the CO2 level and DB level via Vera? Sounds really cool

here: Now weatherproof? - Netatmo Forum

At netatmo it is E 179 but if you buy it at the apple store 169,95 the extra module 69,00

I don’t have experience with lua so i should wait with buying this.

How do you connect the netatmo to the Vera? and where do you put the lua code?

you create a new scene and put the Lua code in the LUUP section of the scene. You schedule the scene to run every 10 minutes or so. This site gives full details on how to set up Vera to read NetAtmo info. It’s in French, but Google translate does a good job translating it to English: http://www.domotique-info.fr/2013/05/collecter-les-donnees-dune-station-netatmo-depuis-une-vera-tuto/

I read on their forum that all new ones would be water resistant. Not sure when this starts.

Mine does not look rainproof. I have it mounted under an eave where it won’t get any rain.[/quote]

Got confirmation, it is waterresistant…but have requested back what does it mean. Can you put it uncovered in the rain?