Use Qubino I2 input to trigger scene

Hi
New to the whole home automation thing and obviously also new vera user, so apologies for silly question.
I have installed a few Qubino flush dimmer units and was planning to use these both as simple dimmers but also to use the I2 (and possibly also I3) inputs to trigger various simple scenes, e.g. to turn on outdoor lights etc.

After some tweaking, I have managed to activate the I2 inputs (parameter 100 set to 9) so that they appear as motion sensors. Both the I1 and I2 inputs are connected to separate buttons on a momentary light switch. The I1 input works fine for dimming, but I’m unable to get the I2 input to trigger a scene. Specifically, I want the I2 input to turn turn on or off a light connected to a NodOn plug, but it seems nothing happens when I flick the switch.

Anyone with similar experience getting I2 or I3 inputs on a qubino unit to work as triggers in a scene?

Thanks!

1 Like

Any luck with this?
Im having the same problem.
Go a Motion detector showing up but 'it wont be triggered by the button on i2.
or at least not in vera.

Unfortunately not, no. I’ve tried everything had some other discussions in another thread and for some reason my setup just doesn’t want to work with the I2 input. Even tried resetting the zwave network and reincluded all devices. Fingers crossed that next update might help.

OK, so I finally figured this one out. Eventually, I ended up using the reactor Device Spy to monitor operations on the I2 button device. Saw nothing happening, despite trying various settings. I then tried instead to monitor the parent device and lo-and-behold, when I press the button connected to the I2 device, the device state “LastTrip” changes. This, then works well to trigger scenes or other action using Reactor and otherwise.
Big shoutout to @rigpapa for creating the excellent reactor plugin!
//Gustaf

1 Like