Using Fibaro RGBW settings for analog 0-10V inputs

Vera’s definition of “works” is not particularly reliable - many of the implementations are only half-done (e.g. energy monitoring for Fibaro switches still only works on one channel), or done in such a strange way that it only “works” for someone who’s happy to code around the odd behaviour (e.g. definition of lights vs switches, categorisation only by device not by channel), and explain to users why it works in a specific manner (yeah, that works great with my technology-averse wife).

Then they will blame Fibaro for it - despite many other controller providers managing to do it properly.

I completely agree with you. I am a Vera user since more than 3 years… And I also visit this forum very regularly. That’s why it’s important that we keep on pointing hem on these shortcomings via this forum AND directly to them via a support ticket. I believe Vera has still a very big potential as domotica control system but the should really solve some issues (before making steps like Vera Secure…). To avoid that more experienced users leave Vera and to ensrue that the new users have a positive experience from the start.

[quote=“Mai Pensato, post:20, topic:177407”]@Zedrally: thanks for your advice but I am not going to spend another 60 EUR for a Z-Uno. On Vera’s website under “works with Vera” the Fibaro RGBW controller is mentioned including the 4 analog inputs 0-10V.
Copy from their website:

FIBARO RGBW Controller is a universal, Z-Wave compatible RGB/RGBW controller. PWM output signal controls LED, RGB, RGBW strips, halogen lights and fans powered by 12 or 24 VDC. Also supports up to four, 0-10V analog sensors, such as temperature sensors, humidity sensors, wind sensors, air quality sensors, light sensors etc. All inputs and outputs may be configured by the user for LED control or 0-10V signal readouts. Easy integration with Vera.

So I made a support ticket, because the integration is by far not as they promise. If I get a reaction I will post it here.[/quote]

Update: I got a reply from Vera (John M) about this issue: I quote:

"capability of this device cannot be implemented into Vera.
This is a feature that can only be used with Fibaro gateways. If we modify the template to reflect your desired readout value for the RGBW inputs, it will break the default RGBW capability of the device, which is what the main purpose of this device is and how is used by the vast majority of our customers. It?s not possible to have two different device templates designs on single device manufacturer info.
As a suggestion, I think this third party plugin called ?RGB Controller? might be able to support the kind of changes you want to correctly show the readings of the RGBW device, used with sensors, instead of lights. MiOS Apps . Hope this helps "

So I will try with the RGBW plugin although I have my doubts if this will bring the solution…

@Mai Pensato, did you try the plugin already? What are your results?

From what I see on the screenshots, it is not about handling analog inputs?

I want to have it controlling one output and couple of inputs. Fortunately mostly it is enough to have it 0-1 (OFF/ON), which is possible if you set input as “Bi-Stable Switch (OUT)”.
I can live with the percentage value for the one which I want to be controlled by the sensor, but I would prefer to disable diming for the output and ON/OF features for the inputs.
I’ve tried to play with the configuration files (i.e. changing D_BinaryDimmer1 files to the D_BinaryLight1 for output), but it resets after couple of seconds back to the original setting.

@Mai_Pensato did you ever get this to work?

Is it a way to configure the template to not show on/off and the dimmer slider. I just want to show the volt 0-10 modified to correct unit, eg litre.

I’m planning to use a 3 wire level sensor 0-10v to measure litre in a water tank.

No I have never got this to work as I wanted. It is possible to connect 4 analog sensors with output 0-5 Volt. But the RGBW controller on Vera only shows the output in % from 0 -100 in steps of 1%.
By the way I tested this also on a Fibaro Homecenter 2 and there it is the same so not in decimals.