Using the blind motor for something else, how to controll............

Greetings,

Some years ago I made something so I could controll a servo ( which controlled my floorheating). It does work , but I have some issues with my vera and want to get rid of some plugins.

The Mysensor plugin, I only use to controll this servo. Time to build something else…

I was looking into the motorized part of a blind. Can someone inform me how this works? does it work like a servo? , can I “say” via vera, turn the motor , so the blind/valve is 10% open , 20% open etc.
What would be the difference with a servo? I know a servo has a feedback , and knows at which position it is, how does that work with a blind motor?

Any motors I should look into peticular , and than in combination with fibaro roller/shutter for example?

Thanks,
Cor

All my blinds (external European blinds) and sun blinds are managed by Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 (and a couple of original Roller Shutter I recycled from my previous house).

Blind motors have 4 wires (2 are used to drive the motor up or down) and automatic stop, so I guess you’ll be good to go with this kind of setup.

Keep in mind that Fibaro Roller Shutters are usually high load (110 or 230), so any motor like this will work.

I don’t have one of the shutter controllers, but I was looking at it for other purposes (control of a water valve - never got to it). It appears that the shutter controllers do a calibration which I think sense the limits based on the current at the motor. Whether it is looking for higher (stalled motor) or lower (motor tripped off) current is unclear to me. But’s got to be one or other. Then, once calibrated, I think it works by time. It knows how long it took to get to the full range, so then it knows how to move smaller amounts. All this is conjecture on my part from reading some manuals and some posts. I would love to get some feedback on this. Sample manual: https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGR-222/FGR-222-EN-A-v1.1.pdf

It works exactly like that.