Vera 1 ... nostalgia

Rafael’s post as per the forum rule.
Everyone must play within the forum rules.

breath buddy…breathe…

Hey @Rafale77 we would love to hear what you have to say.

Hey Mr Tech Executive,
you moved to a different platform…
I wished you all the best…
what you are doing lurking here trying to create negative vibe?
Seriously buddy, don’t you have better things to do…Just go enjoy your smartthings!

Nice. As per my note, one of my homes still has Vera and the other is testing SmartThings.

oh please send that vera back, I will refund you. You can buy a smartthings with that money.
deal?

Remarkable.

2 Likes

What is remarkable is a self claimed tech exec going around and talking trash about a platform he hasn’t tried, thats remarkable.
Please send me a private message with details of where you want me to send the money and i will send you return details for the old vera hardware.
thanks

Why do you think it’s about the money?

I know this is 100% #TooSoon to even mention, given the turn this thread has taken…

…but honestly, a “Vera Buyback Program” is making sense to me. Some of us have active and spare units that could ultimately regain some of their worth in the form of discounts on ezlo product purchases.

Just a thought!? As a four-decade computer enthusiast (and three-decade builder), it has always been my policy to buy back any of my branded custom PCs at EOL – at the flat-but-fair rate of $100 – refurbish them, and then donate to local charities and schools. I’m still actively doing that during the COVID crisis, while people need 2nd/3rd computers to work from home.

It’s a win-win(-win), plus keeps tech gear out of our landfills.

Please pardon my butting in, sirs. Hope this serves to lighten the mood, at least. :smiley_cat:

• Libra
3 Likes

Love the thinking here, @LibraSun! Part of what motivated me to try out SmartThings in one location in parallel with my Vera at the other was realizing just how much Tech Detritus I had accumulated. Time to purge *although I will not part with my original iPod and 1st iPhone, or my… Gen1 Newton (yup!). Those will go on the “museum of tech” shelf in my study.

Finding my old 2008 Vera 1 brought a genuine smile. Heady days! Lua! :wink:

1 Like

My shelf of collectible HP calculators (last one I sold fetched $314.15 on eBay … get it?), early Apple computers and PalmPilot-era PDA’s need a play date with your stuff.

1 Like

Its about self proclaimed tech executive coming here and talking trash about a platform he hasn’t used…

That’s what this is about.

Ha! You are right @LibraSun. #OldTechPlayDate
I am positive I have a Palm or Blackberry somewhere… A diorama in the making. Thanks for making a positive contribution here. Discussions like this are a big reason why some have stayed.

1 Like

@anthonyris

Please send me your details for your refund.
I am happy for you that you found your solution.

Believe the same time I started with Vera1 in 2008, I had the original SqueezeBox (from Slim Devices, before Logitech bought them). Pretty sure we had somehow hacked together a way to access it via UI3 or whatever was on the Vera boxes then. Found a great family pic (also think I have one of those around!).

Amazing the devices that have come and gone. So many good, visionary ideas fallen by the wayside.

2 Likes

Amazeballs! :astonished:

1 Like

Sorry guys, it was me. it was a moment’s decision. Maybe not the best I made.

I moved it back out and merged with the other one

2 Likes

Sorin,
I know your manager told you to do it…it wasn’t you. (and kudos to you for trying to protect your manager)
Tell your manager not to mess with my posts!!!

1 Like

I second @rigpapa down vote, @rafale77 has been nothing but a cornerstone of these forums.

5 Likes