Vera 1 ... nostalgia

At the risk of getting banned myself which has less of an impact if Rafael is not going to be re-instated, that is a very narrow view.

He has an opinion. Your opinions do not align. That is not necessarily a reason to ban him. The ‘rules’ are a precept.

He has provided an enormous input to this community and supported users. To throw that away is a very clear message. Consider the interpretation of that message carefully
C

2 Likes

Without these rules societies can’t function! Surely you are a law abiding citizen!

Forum rules applies to all, he is not an exception. Actually we did tolerate his unruly behaviour for a long time, we extended olive branch…but he knew what he was doing…he will admit to that himself!

Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men. There are many many examples, including this sub thread, which are in breach of the rules. Ban me if you like.

C

To follow laws without questions, well we should all know where that ends.

1 Like

surely you are not promoting people disobey laws are you?

revising laws in order to suit what is current vs disobeying them because you think you are above them are two different thing.

Yes i am, unjust laws should be disobeyed. Rosa Parks is she a criminal

1 Like

The question is what does disobeying the ‘laws’ provide in value.

I moderate another forum. I have run many others in the past The key word there is ‘moderate’. The rules are there as an ultimate sanction. Most (it appears, at leas those that are voicing an opinion) would feel that this sanction has been applied un-necessarily and prematurely. YMMV

C

1 Like

I Moderate 2 other forums
one with over 150,000 Members (advanced home users for home security)
one with over 45,000 Members (IT admins)

the leniency we have shown to Rafael was way beyond what we do in other forums.
Its not right for someone to be this disruptive in a forum of a company where the user no longer uses the product!

and you decide what is unjust?

I decide what laws i agree with.

I don’t make choices for others, thats their choice.

If enough of us disobey, the law fails.

It is my moral duty to do what i think is right

So you obey them all even though you disagree with them is what you are saying?

Or are you saying you disobey the law if you don’t agree with it?

If i do not agree with a law i will not follow it.

In my humble opinion this is a very dangerous perspective.

Same perspective that formed America. In 1776

1 Like

Let’s all be very clear here: Rafale criticized you, pointed out some real flaws, with examples and identified the gap between promised/delivered on the Vera and Ezlo devices.

That hurt your feelings, I get it.

However, your behavior here is appalling. I imagine that the thread was originally deleted to try and avoid further embarrassment.

I took a moment to go and read through Rafael’s old posts. Not once did I find them to be anything but honest, polite and direct. POVs are just that…

My deepest apologies to the Vera/Ezlo folks who have to work for/near this type of behavior. Hard to imagine any lasting success coming out of this type of petty behavior.

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Rafale was within his right to speak out about issues with the platform. He had some valid points, and some not. I didn’t promise him anything, nor did I promise anyone else for that matter.

So your statement about

is wholly wrong!

He stated he moved away from the platform already and he said he would “ban himself” and despite us reaching out to him with an olive branch, he continued to break the forum rules.

You are criticizing me now, you are not banned.(But pls be warned personal attacks are not allowed)

This is nothing but Rafael not following forum guidelines persistently and knowingly.

Can we please stop personal attacks now.

1 Like

And yet no one else felt he was being disruptive. Size isn’t the issue. What the community delivers is. He was far and above the greatest contributor to active users of your product. Even while not using it himself.

I doubt we will agree in the same way we haven’t agreed in the past.

C

7 Likes

I feel like I’ve lost an old friend, sad really it has come to this.

10 Likes

Rafael was not disruptive - far far from it.

The behavior I’m seeing here is crazy. This is a true loss to the community - similar to Richard’s backing off and the death of a few great plugins over the years.

I often recommend and help implement HA solutions to my network, friends, and family. Most of my recommendations have been Vera. I hope that doesn’t backfire on me as this seems like a huge regression.

Please reconsider this ban and welcoming him back.

Signed,
Longtime user and supporter

7 Likes

I’m trying to understand based on forum rules how this thread has not been hijacked? Looks to me like it’s just a picture of some old Vera hardware. The subsequent posts don’t seem relative to the topic?

1 Like