Vera Alerts - Android Client version 6.10

Finally upgraded my old Samsung Droid Charge (Gingerbread 2.3.6) to the Galaxy S4 (JB? 4.3) and I can now use the newer versions of Vera Alerts & AutHomationHD ;D ;D ;D

Is it a bug?

My phone was off. After turning on, I received number of alerts. However, the time stamp of alerts was the time that I turned my mobile on, rather than the time that alert has actually posted/happened.

[quote=“persimmonx”]Is it a bug?

My phone was off. After turning on, I received number of alerts. However, the time stamp of alerts was the time that I turned my mobile on, rather than the time that alert has actually posted/happened.[/quote]
No it’s not a bug it’s a feature … you need to prefix all alerts on vera with the timestamp keyword

Go to Profiles …

Add the following to the MessagePrefix for your Vera Alert Mobil profiles:

{timestamp}

I use ‘Vibrate on Alert’ to notify me. My alert tones are set to silent. I enable Quiet Time during the night but my alerts vibrate during Quiet Time. Can Quiet Time be set to block vibrations too? I have a Galaxy S4 with 4.3. Thank you.

Hi, after reinstalled the Vera Alerts on my Samsung TAB P1000, I cannot register and when I push the “Register” I obtain the msg “Error registering with messaging server: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED”. I think I have set the correct parameters.
Any suggestion?
Thank you so much.

Do you have network access at the time you register ?

Yes, the TAB was into network…
By the way, after disinstalled and reinstalled the Vera Alerts Mobile, when I go to set the parameters, I find already filled the “Vera User” and “Vera Unit ID” with the correct parameters for my Vera. Is it correct?
Thank you.

I find already filled the "Vera User" and "Vera Unit ID" with the correct parameters for my Vera. Is it correct?

Yes, When the Android phone is connected to same LAN as Vera, it can see it. But it does not know the password.

Have you connected your Phone to a Google account ?

It would be great if Vera Alerts could specify a color for an alert. The color could show on the leftmost white column. The color could be used to classify alerts.

Right now vera alerts writes the letter t on the left most white column, to show it is a text to message alert.

Persimmonx,

See http://rts-services.com/Android/VeraAlerts/

{BGColor:XXXX} where XXXX can be one of the named colors or xRRGGBB hex encoding for the background color. This only affects the background color of the Alert Level field. {FGColor:XXXX} same encoding as BGColor. This specifies the foreground color for the message. All fields are affected.

Hi Richard and thank for your reply. Please consider that I used succesfully the TAB with Vera Alerts for at least two months and since two days ago!!! And it was correctly registered and I received correctly the notification by Vera. Then it stopped to work. So I disinstalled and reinstalled the app on my TAB and since then I didn’t succeed in register it though I received the notifications as well. After a couple of days, I don’t receive any notification.
To continue to receive the Vera notification, I used the same Device Identifier on the S4 of my son and it runs correctly. It is obvious that on the TAB I have set a new Device Identifier but, as said, without success.
Thank again.

Thanks BrianLBeaton.
it works.

I just released version 3.3 of the Android Mobil APP.

[ul][li]Fix quiet time. (Previously would only work if times were in the AM).[/li]
[li]Cleanup Sound File Editor.[/li]
[li]Hopefully fix the blanks(white display) that some people have reported in the notification list.[/li]
[li]Support Google TV.[/li][/ul]

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]I just released version 3.3 of the Android Mobil APP.

[ul][li]Fix quiet time. (Previously would only work if times were in the AM).[/li]
[li]Cleanup Sound File Editor.[/li]
[li]Hopefully fix the blanks(white display) that some people have reported in the notification list.[/li]
[li]Support Google TV.[/li][/ul][/quote]

Thanks! I was missing the 24h quote time …

The problemi I have now is that I receive double advise for each alert.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Richard, i got the “white screen” then I set Max Message Retention Days to 25 or more. ::slight_smile:

Richard, i got the "white screen" then I set Max Message Retention Days to 25 or more.
That is repeatable ... I found a bug in my math (used an int when I should have used a long). I will fix that asap. The good thing about the bug, is that it did not actually delete data, just removed it from the view ... that was another bug ... Who said two wrongs do not make a right!

For now just set the Max Retention days to 0 … should be fixed in the next release … should be later today.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:59, topic:175185”]

Richard, i got the “white screen” then I set Max Message Retention Days to 25 or more.

That is repeatable … I found a bug in my math (used an int when I should have used a long). I will fix that asap.
The good thing about the bug, is that it did not actually delete data, just removed it from the view … that was another bug …
Who said two wrongs do not make a right!

For now just set the Max Retention days to 0 … should be fixed in the next release … should be later today.[/quote]

just an FYI… setting is back to 0 days does not fix the display. it is still blank.