Vera and Lennox iComfort thermostat

Does anyone know if the Lennox iComfort WiFi thermostat can interface with Vera? I know some other devices like the Nest that operates on WiFi have been able to talk with the Vera, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of it being done, or any hints on how to get it done. Thx.

No.

Im a Lennox Dealer and have talked to the engineers that designed and wrote the code for the iComfort controls. They have told me that Lennox would NEVER release the API codes. I do keep bothering them, trying to see if they would change there minds, but no luck.

croft1972;

Thanks for the heads up. It’s a shame though that they’re taking that position. Keeping closed systems like that is what keeps fragmenting home automation controls. That’s why we’re seeing big names like Google and Apple jumping into the arena hoping their way will bring everyone together. I guess we’ll just wait and see.! Cheers.

I know.

Its crazy, I have the API codes so I can take files off of the Lennox server and mirror it on my company site.

On my dealer portal, I can see all the iComfort’s I have installed. If the home owner gives me permission, I can see there control and what the system is doing. It would be a simple thing for the engineers to do, but I know Lennox and it will never happen unless they get something out of it.

Chris

I came across these while digging for a solution to this problem. Based on this, my guess is that someone who is decent at developing add-ins could probably build something functional. I’m not competent enough to do it, but I’d be willing to pay for an add-in if someone wanted to build one…

http://www.iwasdot.com/extending-a-lennox-icomfort-thermostat/#comment-5849

Looks like someone wrote a control4 driver to do this. Error

Anyone willing to take a stab at writing an add-in for Vera?

@croft1972 Most of the additional functionality could really be developed by them. For example : logs , graphs , history and so on would be exteremly useful for the techie users and would allow optimising the system performance.

I have been looking into a solution, until I noticed someone made the app for smartthings which controls the icomfort, it is so nice to have that feature, so I moved from vera to smartthings to complete the circle of my smart home, I have put the link of the app in the github, if a vera developer can follow the source code and can create something like that, there would be many people out there who would switch to vera for it.
There are two files in this program which one define the device for smartthing and the other provide the application interaction for smartthing, it looks so smart to acces the lennox website to change the data for the thermostat. Please let me know if any body wants to work on this.

Looks like I’m going to purchase a SmartThings hub and try it out. Ive been having lots of problems with my switches loosing connection and some of the scenes not running correctly. Ill also be able to control my iComfort system.

Any advancements on this? Looks like HVAC for newer systems is a black hole for home automation!

i’d like to know as well - im getting a system that they are insisting with having iComfort

Posting to this old thread in case anyone else comes across it in search of a solution for Vera and the Lennox iComfort WiFi. I wanted to auto-switch the away mode based on the Vera Mobile geofence and working from the code here (GitHub - bruman/ruby-icomfort) I was able to accomplish this. At first when I tried to find a way to get my VeraPlus to directly talk to the Lennox web site using a os.execute curl luup statement I had no luck so I just stuck with Ruby.

That setup had way too many moving parts: It required Ruby and Eventghost (with a local webserver) to be running on a Windows PC so Eventghost could run a Ruby script in response to a http call from Vera. I really didn’t want to have this be so complicated so I took another stab at a direct LUUP call from Vera and I finally got the syntax correct meaning I can take all the intermediate steps out of the process and have Vera take directly to Lennox!

The luup code is:
os.execute([[curl -k -X PUT “https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@services.myicomfort.com/DBAcessService.svc/SetAwayModeNew?gatewaysn=SERIALNUMBER&zonenumber=0&awaymode=1” -d ‘’ -H ‘Content-type:application/json’]])

That code will set the Thermostat to away. To cancel simply call the same URL but change awaymode=1 to awaymode=0.

Insert your myicomfort.com USERNAME and PASSWORD and the SERIALNUMBER of your thermostat. You can find this in the Lennox web app under “System”. Make sure the username and password are URL encoded (I learned that the hard way). So if your password is P@$$word! you would have to enter it as P%40%24%24word%25.

I then figured out the syntax for changing the temperature, as I want to turn the temp down at night and turn it back up in the morning based on scenes activated via Google Home and Vera Concierge. The final ‘ah ha’ moment was realizing that the Pref_Temp_Units value had to be enclosed in quotes even though it is a number. The syntax for a temp change is:

os.execute([[curl -k -X PUT “https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@services.myicomfort.com/DBAcessService.svc/SetTStatInfo” -d ‘{“Cool_Set_Point”:80.00, “Heat_Set_Point”:60.00, “Fan_Mode”:2, “Operation_Mode”:1, “Pref_Temp_Units”:“0”, “Zone_Number”:0, “GatewaySN”:“SERIALNUMBER”}’ -H ‘Content-type:application/json’]])

In this command:
Operation Mode: 1 = Heat only, 2 = Cool Only, and 3 = Heat and Cool (0 = System off)
Fan Mode: 0 = Auto, 1 = On, 2 = Circulate

If this helped you please drop a reply or a DM to let me know!

Thank you so much for posting af20902. I have been in search of a solution for quite sometime and this worked perfectly. I set up a virtual switch and sensor and now with the away Lua code, when someone leaves the sliding door open in the summer, the air conditioning will turn off. Outstanding job developing this code. Thanks again.