Vera Controller Down, then Up

I was just checking the forum to see if any progress on this issue had been mentioned - a year later. Nope.

So I will finally turn off these alerts. Can’t understand why I put up with it so long. Within a few minutes of searching, I found a very cool way to monitor web servers remotely via Google servers. It’s even free. I plan to set this up tomorrow.

Here’s an article about it: How to Monitor your Website's Uptime with Google Sheets - Digital Inspiration

EDIT: Ok, I’ve set it up and conducted several successful tests. This monitoring technique runs a script in Google Sheets saved to your Google Drive. It is a third party open source developed tool, not a Google-provided service. All that is needed to configure this is the URL of the website and one or more email addresses to sent alerts to.

I am not exposing the Vera’s web server directly to the Internet, but I do have a web server (Home Assistant) that is. So while this technique is not a direct replacement for being able to monitoring the Vera controller specifically, it does achieve my objective of monitoring the Internet connection of my vacation home without all the annoying false alerts.

It would be nice to have feature, i.e. config-parameter: “Timeout in seconds between Vera device and MiOS Secure Cloud” :thinking: