Vera Controller Down/Up Notifications vs Google Home Functionality

For many months, my VeraEdge has issued occasional notifications of Controller Down, usually followed with Controller Up, shortly thereafter. In most of those instances, I didn’t see any change in functioning of the VeraEdge, while it was supposedly Down, or afterward, so I pretty much disregarded them. According to the Vera release notes, the Controller Down Alerts are sent whenever the relay servers are merely switching.

Now, with my VeraConcierge / Google Home setup, it seems that there is a pretty good correlation between those Controller Down and Up messages, a subsequent loss of Google Home access, and a subsequent failure of the Connectivity test, until I do another Force Discovery to restore Vera Concierge / Google Home operation,

I don’t know if there is a problem with my installation, or if that behavior is normal, and perhaps unavoidable, and whether or not others are also experiencing it.

According to Vera Support, that is what was clearly bringing down our VeraSecure. . .

According to Vera Support, that is what was clearly bringing down our VeraSecure. . .[/quote]

Interesting… I’ve experienced occasional Controller Down & Up Alerts/Notifications long before I set up the Vera Concierge, and Vera Support has acknowledged their occurrence resulting from the relay servers merely switching. The frequency of events varies. It can go weeks without them, and sometimes just a day or less.

Based on that prior history, and the explanation of that problem from Vera Support, I had thought that the Controller Down & Up events were probably the cause of the Vera Concierge outages that required the Force Discovery to restore, whereas you are saying that Vera Support reports that Vera Concierge is the source of the Vera crashes. Perhaps both are possible, and the Controller Down/Up Alerts might occur for multiple reasons.

I don’t think that Vera Concierge is literally “crashing” my VeraEdge, since I am generally able to access the Vera app and communicate with it during that cycle. It seems that only Vera Concierge access and control via Google Home is affected. Do you experience full blown crashes on your Vera Secure?