Vera MMS Core Cloud and Portal v 7.29 are now LIVE

We have rolled out Vera MMS Cloud and Portal v7.29 to our UI7 customers.

This build brings with it a host of enhanced features and major reliability/performance improvements. The efforts were concentrated on improvement and stabilization in addition to setting the groundwork for some very exciting new services and features in the coming months.

We are now one step closer to the “monthly release cadence” of updates which will be the basis to provide new and improved features, security and non-security updates and bug fixes.

What’s New in Version 7.29

[ul][li]WiZ Connected Lighting pre-requisites for integration[/li]
[li]Removed subscription for our paid services[/li]
[li]Overall Platform stabilization & optimization[/li]
[li]New Portal Packaging Structure[/li][/ul]

Improvements Included in Version 7.29

[ul]li Implement and standardize portal configs, templates, assets, apps[/li]
li Added option to Hide Wi-Fi Password on Advanced Page[/li]
li Streamlined New Controller and User Enrollment flow[/li]
li Improved support for new languages and localizations[/li]
li Improved Security verification processes and tokens flow[/li]
li Added OpenSSL version 1.1 support[/li]
li Streamlined and improved calls and requests[/li]
li Improve logic or logging for the calls to prevent false reports[/li]
li Perform a logging overhaul of account module with the new interface[/li]
li Perform a logging overhaul of auth modules[/li]
li Enhanced consistency for MMS Geofencing call handling with all mobile platforms[/li]
li Improved thumbnail handling and uploading[/li]
li Improved push notifications handling[/li]
li “Controller Down/Up” detection is greatly improved[/li][/ul]

Overall we managed to address many other Optimizations and Stabilization alongside crucial bug fixes for the Cloud Platform as well as the Portal which sets the groundwork for the upcoming firmware and some very exciting new services and features.

We’re so grateful for the incredibly insightful input from our community and customers.
As always, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to reach out to support@getvera.com.

great work guys!

R&D team is working really well starting to deliver code! Keep it up!

Thank you Sorin and team! Always appreciate the release notes too.

Greatly appreciate the banner removal of the beta monitoring service too. :slight_smile:

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am not sure if i got this, is it a BETA portal/app? if so how to use it please?

Plugins store seems to be broken for me.

EDIT: yes, it’s broken. From the logs:

FileUtils::ReadURL 0/resp:403 user: pass: size 226 http://apps.mios.com/get_plugin_version2.php?plugin=8871&accesspoint=[snip]&platform=mt7620a_Luup
&firmware=1.7.4000&oem=1

response:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /get_plugin_version2.php on this server.

@therealdb

Service should be restored now. It was just a file system error due to a backup replication issue which because of the reduced personnel over the Holidays period, it slipped out.

We’re sorry about that.

What is this service please and how to use it?

Sorry about that, was in reply to therealdb and his error.

It’s about the apps.mios.com service and the ability to install plugins on your Vera.

do we need to do anything to activate or install it?

Thanks,
Cor

Can we have more info about that please, this is the first time i heard about it and i don’t know how to use it and what is it good for. Many thanks

[quote=“Sorin, post:6, topic:200275”]@therealdb

Service should be restored now. It was just a file system error due to a backup replication issue which because of the reduced personnel over the Holidays period, it slipped out.

We’re sorry about that.[/quote]

Thanks Sorin!

OK, you released an update to “Release Candidate Customers”. Shouldn’t the title state such as this is not a General Public Release or are we all considered RC customers? I’m looking forward to updates and would be willing to partake but shouldn’t releases for “Release Candidate Customers” fall into an beta section under Official Announcement? Its confusing me but congratulations on the release and i hope to hear of it success!

Something like:
Official Announcements / Release Candidate Customers / Vera MMS Core Cloud and Portal v 7.29 are now LIVE
add a link for the ability to update a bug list with instructions on how you want them formatted…

I’m wondering about this as well, where is there some info on this?

I’m wondering about this as well, where is there some info on this?[/quote]

+1

[quote=“droy, post:12, topic:200275”]OK, you released an update to “Release Candidate Customers”. Shouldn’t the title state such as this is not a General Public Release or are we all considered RC customers? I’m looking forward to updates and would be willing to partake but shouldn’t releases for “Release Candidate Customers” fall into an beta section under Official Announcement? Its confusing me but congratulations on the release and i hope to hear of it success!

Something like:
Official Announcements / Release Candidate Customers / Vera MMS Core Cloud and Portal v 7.29 are now LIVE
add a link for the ability to update a bug list with instructions on how you want them formatted…[/quote]
It was actually a general public release. Sorry for that, I’ve updated.
The upcoming forum update will have better categories.

[quote=“Sorin, post:15, topic:200275”][quote=“droy, post:12, topic:200275”]OK, you released an update to “Release Candidate Customers”. Shouldn’t the title state such as this is not a General Public Release or are we all considered RC customers? I’m looking forward to updates and would be willing to partake but shouldn’t releases for “Release Candidate Customers” fall into an beta section under Official Announcement? Its confusing me but congratulations on the release and i hope to hear of it success!

Something like:
add a link for the ability to update a bug list with instructions on how you want them formatted…[/quote]
It was actually a general public release. Sorry for that, I’ve updated.
The upcoming forum update will have better categories.[/quote]

any more information on what does this bring for plugin developpers ?
for instance does it give a public API to support account authentication ( kind of oauth ) in order to enable 3rd party extension to login and remotely access VERAs ?

amg0, I know that you and every one of our plugins developers are eager for a revamped API with well-written documentation.

While this update is a foundation, there’s still a lot of work to do, and as soon as we have something you will be the first ones to have the hands-on with it.

[quote=“Sorin, post:17, topic:200275”]amg0, I know that you and every one of our plugins developers are eager for a revamped API with well-written documentation.

While this update is a foundation, there’s still a lot of work to do, and as soon as we have something you will be the first ones to have the hands-on with it.[/quote]
thank you appreciated
I can deal with half well written documentation :wink: , but I cannot workaround the existence of a proper oauth protocol implementation to enable integrations