Vera Plus having problems connecting to services

Probably well trained by the spouse :joy:

@Gregg_K, you might try a different PC or browser to un-jam the app store. I have one PC that is works just fine everytime without fail, but my laptop and ipad crash the dang thing everything time, so who knows.

Good grief, I think I figured out the App Store problem at least at my home. If I am using a hardwired PC that connects directly through the router to the Vera the App Store will work fine. If I am on a wireless access point that goes through my Orbi before getting to the router, Vera will crash. If I moved the Vera toalso go through the ORBI then wireless to the App Store starts working. So something with the Vera being on a different access point even though it is the same network breaks the App Store Access. Or maybe it just doesn’t lik Orbi accesses points. Shees.

1 Like

That would make zero sense, but there we are.

App store (basically) never works for me and I’m not using wireless.

C

Do you use your ISP’s safe browsing settings for keeping your kids safe, as the DNS for this sometimes cause issues.

Interesting. I have an Orbi as well. I will try to move it around and see what happens, and I will try it from a wired connection. Right now it’s wired in, and I do have a static IP on it.

Saw this on their twitter page maybe they were doing some maintenance and that’s why you guys were having issues?

That was just today

C

Maybe the maintenance was on going and completed today? I don’t know for sure though

Hello

this is what i do for my vera. im not sure if it will work for you.

try reset network only not the whole device

try not to assign ip from the vera. instead assign ip from the router

try restarting and wait.

if problem really persist then you need to backup and do at factory reset.

lastly is your vera device very warm? if yes then you need to cool it.

thanks

Vera support logged in to my system. They reinstalled everything from scratch. They can’t figure out why it doesn’t show much on the local network. It shows up in the external network however. It may have something to do with the Orbi network, but I sure haven’t figured it out yet. I did figure a way out to make it work by disabling the local network access and only access it from the secure website.