Vera Secure, battery issue

Hello Florian,

If you haven’t done so already, try to touch base with our Customer Care team and they will guide you from there.
Contact details in my signature.

[quote=“Sorin M., post:21, topic:198183”]Hello Florian,

If you haven’t done so already, try to touch base with our Customer Care team and they will guide you from there.
Contact details in my signature.[/quote]

I noticed you are open at 12 midnight. What are the best hours/days to call to get someone to answer?

@Jamr

Although not yet officially mentioned on-site, we have trials for 24/7, so you can call even outside of these hours as someone should be there. If all agents are busy with other calls, please stay on the line until you are prompted to leave a voice message and you will be called back if you ask for it.

[quote=“florianec, post:20, topic:198183”]i face the same problem. Battery slowly drowning. Today at 66%, after reading this topic i thought about a heat problem (there is no ventilation for the battery). For testing i turn verasecure off (sitch under the cover) unplugged the battery and let it cool down. Then plugged it back, fixed the tamper switch and started vera again. Now its charging again. If there is now drowning i consider to make a few ventilation holes in the cover.

Or is this problem related to something else? (btw. is it possible to buy a replacement battery, if its necessary sometimes?)

regards Florian[/quote]Nice to have friends with this thing ;D

Still waiting replacement bat, takes pretty long deal with it (>1 month :o) …hopefully it will be even better due to long delay :wink:

I think also there is insufficient cooling in VeraSecure!

[quote=“Roots, post:24, topic:198183”][quote=“florianec, post:20, topic:198183”]i face the same problem. Battery slowly drowning. Today at 66%, after reading this topic i thought about a heat problem (there is no ventilation for the battery). For testing i turn verasecure off (sitch under the cover) unplugged the battery and let it cool down. Then plugged it back, fixed the tamper switch and started vera again. Now its charging again. If there is now drowning i consider to make a few ventilation holes in the cover.

Or is this problem related to something else? (btw. is it possible to buy a replacement battery, if its necessary sometimes?)

regards Florian[/quote]Nice to have friends with this thing ;D

Still waiting replacement bat, takes pretty long deal with it (>1 month :o) …hopefully it will be even better due to long delay :wink:

I think also there is insufficient cooling in VeraSecure![/quote]

A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved :slight_smile: I found this swedish site [url=https://www.automatiserar.se/allt-om-vera-och-verasecure/]https://www.automatiserar.se/allt-om-vera-och-verasecure/[/url]
where people discuss the same problem.

hope your battery arrive soon. In the meantime i found a working solution for myself.
I drilled a few (better many as possible, my first try with half of the holes doesn’t work) holes in the cover. I attached a picture. I now i may lost my warranty!
I also mounted verasecure in a vertical position and put spacers on the bottom side (so it improves ventilation) - see second picture.

I also switched from a very busy power bar to a single wall socket, i don’t know if this can cause problems.

Now i can confirm two successful recharge cycles. It slowly drowns to 91% (really 90%) and then charges back to 100%.

! Thanks also to Sorin M. for offering help and take notice of my problem !

regards Florian

Quite a bit of ingeniosity there 8)

Depending on the location worldwide, some battery replacements are taking longer than we would have wished since it’s done through the closest distributor. But everyone having this issue will have it replaced. Just make sure, you have your request registered with our support team.

Thanks, everyone for the patience

I have a Verasecure that I pre-ordered ,so it was one of the first units that got shipped. 17 months later, my backup battery stopped charging : it is at 0%. I started a support ticket. The answer I got was that it"s out of wauranty, they will not replace my battery. Where can I get a replacement battery for the Verasecure? A $299 machine with a backup battery that lasted only 17 months does not speak well for the product line. A plain 'out of wauranty ’ answer also not a good answer to customers that have supported your products for many years. I sure hope someone followup with a better answer than that. There are enough dissatisfied reviews on Amazon, you don’t need me to write another one.

Hello,

It happened to me the same battery story with a Vera Secure bought in France last May.
It turned out that the battery was faulty, only vera only gives a guarantee of a year and as in France the 2 year warranty is mandatory, the seller has given an extra year, so 2 years and the battery has been changed.
You are not the only one to have had this proleme.

Judging from the various posting on other boards on the internet, my battery issue was not uncommon. Mine just happened later in the life of the machine. When you are getting enough requests from customers about the battery issue, wouldn’t you feel obligated to replace batteries even if it’s beyond the 12 months wauranty period? Auto makers do it, Apple does it ,too. It’s called good faith, and to retain your repeat customers. I’ve been buying Vera products for the last 6,7 years for my multiple vacation rental properties. If they start having problems few years down the road, I just consider it’s time to upgrade and buy a newer controller. But ,for the price of Verasecure at $299 and that it’s only been 17 months…it’s very disappointing.

Wow, mine is at 18 months and now 0% and Vera Control has told me it’s out of warranty and will let me know how much a new battery will cost. Lame.

We stand behind our product.

@Luopo - the agent mentioned that your controller is out of warranty and he will let you know how will he further proceed after he escalates this. No mention of any costs there. We’ll make sure you handle this ASAP.

@ckgan - your battery replacement out of warranty was honored free of charge as well. We’re sorry for the delays :-[

We apologize for the delays in the regular replacement process. This is an atypical situation because this issue portraited in this topic only affected a small batch of EU units, while these are US. This is nowhere near a general problem but we’ll make sure we address this the fastest and most favorable way to our customer.

I have involuntary joined the 0% gang, how can I find a replacement battery in Europe?

Make a call or open support ticket. Mine was also gone done to 0 and replacement was made by the support.

1 Like