Vera3 UI7 - Where is the restart function? Or should I just powercycle?

Hi,

Gone through the UI5-UI7 upgrade yesterday. My DSC alarm via IT-100 keeps telling me that a restart is needed for the configuration to finalize. Can’t find that option in any of the menu. I did a full powercycle already which did not address the issue.
THanks!

You can restart UI7 by clicking Apps → Develop apps → Serial Port configuration → Reload Luup

Thanks! I found that running IE11, the Serial Port option is the only option that is not displayed. Which also is the reason I wasn’t able to complete my DSC set up…
Running Chrome now, all UI options are shown and I managed to restart and connect the DSC IT-100 to operate!

Thanks for your feedback!

I myself got fed up with digging for the reboot.

I made a scene, with the lua code;
os.execute( ‘reboot’ )

You can also use:

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=reload

It’s also at the bottom of the Advanced TAB for all devices.

I’m running the latest version of UI7 (can’t tell which version as it does not appear to have an About button) and there is no longer a LUUP Reload button on the Apps → Develop apps → Serial Port configuration screen - or is it just me?

I agree… I’m on latest firmware, and dont see anything about restarting anywhere in the GUI… serial port config, nor can I even find an “advanced” tab on the device list… What am I missing? Certainly it doesn’t have to be this hard does it?!

Thanks in advance!!

-Steve

OK… I see what was meant by the advanced tab - It’s not at the bottom of the LIST of devices, as I interpreted it… There’s a “Reload engine” button on the “New service” tab on the advanced page of every device’s configuration… Is that as good as a powercycle?

There is also a button in Settings → Z-Wave Settings → “Advanced tab” → Reload engine

I know that this is an old thread but I’m updating it in case anyone comes searching for an answer.

On my Vera using UI7, the Reboot link is under Settings; Net & Wi-fi at the top of the page under the heading and along from Troubleshoot network - Reset to default network settings - Reboot.

I hope that this helps someone.

Regards

Joe.

… and to add to JRJSmith’s post above, for posterity.

To REBOOT the device - Settings > Net & WiFi > press REBOOT button on upper right set of window.

To RELOAD LUUP ENGINE - Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Reload Engine > Press “Go”

Melsman