VeraAlerts stopped working, how to troubleshoot ?

Today I noticed that no message is coming thru in VeraAlerts, no clue yet why.
What I checked and tried:

• send testmessage : not arrived
  • shutdown and restarted the app on the android device : no result
  • Vera notifications do arrive as emails, as usual, so that part seems to work

Suggestions to debug are welcome…

Have you looked at the “Report” from the Vera Alerts Plugin

Yes I did, nothing strange there…
I mean it is a summary of my override messages, profiles, my license, etc.

Funny thing is that it suddenly started working yesterday, but this morning again no message comes through…

On my Android phone:
Stopped the app, cleared cache, started the app
Unregistered/registerd again, copied the key in the profile settings of the plugin
Sent test message: not received

No idea what more can I try…

When I send a test mesaage, I see this in the Veralerts logfile:

Manual Scroll

08 12/12/17 12:12:44.556 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 276 service: urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1 action: SendAlert <0x72a30520>
06 12/12/17 12:12:44.884 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 276 service: urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1 variable: LastMsgSent was: 12:09:50 Tue Dec 12 now: 12:12:44 Tue Dec 12 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:0xb64960/NONE duplicate:0 <0x77aa1000>

Not sure what it tells me, it seems the message was sent ?
Anyway I did not receive it on my phone.

I will just update my own post, as apparently there is zero after sales service on this application:

I saw there was a newer version of the plugin, so I updated to the latest version 7.23, but still it doen’t work.

Sometimes, unregistering and reregistering the android app does the trick.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also… check the “vera credentials” in the android app

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Did you power cycle your phone ?
Messages are delivered by a Google Component called “Google Play”
it occasionally hangs and needs to be power cycled to clear it’s state.

Version 7.23 is for UI7 users only.

Update:
I reinstalled the app on my Android, input again all the applicable settings, powercycled again my Vera Edge.
Now the notifications do come through. However the notifications, that include a camera snapshot, wil generate an error message in the app (“Problems contacting Vera”), once I click on the blue icon that normally triggers to show the snapshot picture.

[quote=“mtx123, post:9, topic:197948”]…
However the notifications, that include a camera snapshot, wil generate an error message in the app (“Problems contacting Vera”),
once I click on the blue icon that normally triggers to show the snapshot picture.[/quote]

So at this moments the notifications are received by my smartphone, but the camera snapshots generate errors.
Any suggestion how to solve this, would be highly appreciated.

Check your login credentials.