VeraEdge and Zipato Indoor Siren (with 6 different sounds)

[quote=“jlucas, post:20, topic:190943”]A little help needed - what I’m I doing wrong!

I’m trying to execute the example code below via LuaTest 1.6 but I’m not getting a response from the device:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘387’,Data=‘0x71 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x6 0x16 0x0 0x0’},1)

The device works as a siren simply by turning it on but I’d also like to use it as a door chime.

What have I missed?[/quote]

“387” doesn’t look like a node ID, that looks like a device ID.

http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-125

You need to use the node ID which is the physical Z-Wave address of the device.

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the pointer! I’ve updated the code now to use the node ID but still not joy, any thoughts?

local nodeID = 66
luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘nodeID’,Data=‘0x71 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0xA 0x1 0x0 0x0’},1)

I’ve attached a image/copy of the parameters.

John

[quote=“jlucas, post:22, topic:190943”]Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the pointer! I’ve updated the code now to use the node ID but still not joy, any thoughts?

local nodeID = 66
luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘nodeID’,Data=‘0x71 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0xA 0x1 0x0 0x0’},1)

I’ve attached a image/copy of the parameters.

John[/quote]

Well you changed the code style and introduced a further issue … if you’d have just swapped 387 → 66 in the previous code it would probably work.

If you’re using a variable then it shouldn’t be in single quotes!

Perfect - thank you!

Good day all,
My siren stopped working, After I upgraded and re-included the siren. I have down graded to my previous GUI but that has had no effects in solving the problem. The ft time I got it going was by using the guide from vesternet but for some reason I cant get it going again. I have solicited the help from the vera team but we have been going round and round backward and backward not getting anywhere. I have got two of these and have tested them on another controller (Devolo) and they both work. DOES ANY ONE HAVE EXP WITH THIS DEVICE WORKING WITH VERA. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS MATTER, I NEED THIS WORKIN>

Thanks