VeraLite Firmware 1.7.902 not enough space

solution
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2681189-not-enough-storage-to-update-controller-
helped me a lot

Thanks, this resolved the issue for me.

Took some time to investigate. But no real solution so far. What I see is that the Vera does not clean up things in memory when not needed anymore. When unistalling apps the Luup files are left in the cmh directory. There I also see that the PLEG J_PLC.js is very big. Do bad I need that one. I also see dongle.3.20.dmp.? files in the cmh directory. Do not know if I can delete these. Also in this directory user_data.json.lzo.? files. Also looks like I do not need all of them.

In general it looks like a clean install and rebuilding everything from scratch is the only option. Hopefully everything will fit into memory then. I get the feeling the VeraLite memory is not big enough anymore.

I am having a similar but slightly different problem. When the new firmware first became available, I also was getting the message that there wasnt enough space. But then a few days later, the message went away. Since then I have tried to update the firmware a couple of times, but it does not work. It tries to update for 20 minutes or so (web interface unresponsive during this time), but then after about 20-30 minutes, the web-interface becomes responsive, but the update apparently didnt work, because it still says I need to update. Any one experience this or know the cause/solution might be?

All,
There is a new procedure for legacy devices like Veralite and Vera3, if space runs out during updates. I had a similar issue but I ended up with blue flashing light , and had to access via ssh run a few commands and then it reboot was able to get in
long enough to run this
procedure which i found:
https://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2681189-not-enough-storage-to-update-controller-

Basically you are using a local backup, or a MCV cloud backup, and upgrading by restoring to factory settings, then restoring from the backup . this worked flawlessly for me after several hours of tickering with trying to get back into the GUI. I wish
i had seen this linkl before i did the straight upgrade to keep the settings.

[quote=“anup56, post:25, topic:194733”]All,
There is a new procedure for legacy devices like Veralite and Vera3, if space runs out during updates. I had a similar issue but I ended up with blue flashing light , and had to access via ssh run a few commands and then it reboot was able to get in
long enough to run this
procedure which i found:
https://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2681189-not-enough-storage-to-update-controller-

Basically you are using a local backup, or a MCV cloud backup, and upgrading by restoring to factory settings, then restoring from the backup . this worked flawlessly for me after several hours of tickering with trying to get back into the GUI. I wish
i had seen this linkl before i did the straight upgrade to keep the settings.[/quote]

A couple of cautions:

1. Sometimes plug-in files get lost. You have to find the files and copy them over to Vera (complicated) or do a reset and restore again.
  2. Some plug-ins have been withdrawn by the author and I think Vera will not be able to restore them. I do not use any of those plug-ins but that is what I have heard.