VeraMobile by MiOS (iOS)

Hi John,
I am running 2 different models of foscam and I have not updated the firmware on my Vera edge or cameras, only the iOS app has updated and only the IOS app can no longer display camera live feed, the Vera edge can still successfully control and display live feed

I should also point out observation from Vera app on my iwatch which now has cameras as a selection and both my foscam cameras are listed and show an image that seems to be updated every few minutes where the Vera iPhone app gets constantly stuck connecting with a spinning connection circle

I have now updated my Vera edge to the latest stable build and the iPhone IOS app still can not view live camera stream where as the Vera edge displays the live view fine and also the iwatch does a rolling image update of the same cameras. As I am sure you are aware it is important when your away and an alert is triggered to be able to live view your cameras…

Hi John,
Is it possible to get the mobile team to look at this bug introduced with the last iPhone app update? It was working fine prior to the last iPhone app update

The latest version of the app on IOS under the “+ Device” function has the labels for “Cameras” and “Dimmers and Lights” reversed. Cameras show up under “Dimmers and Lights” and vice versa. :frowning:

Still cannot view my Cameras using latest IOS Vera app
Is this being looked into? Anyone?

Do any employees read these Vera threads?

Sorin seems to chime in about once a week or so.

Hello Guys,

There is an issue only with third party mjpeg cameras. Support for these cameras will be added back to the iOS app starting with 7.28 firmware update on Vera and mobile apps. (usually within 1 month from the previous mobile app update you’ve got)

[quote=“Sorin”]Hello Guys,

There is an issue only with third party mjpeg cameras. Support for these cameras will be added back to the iOS app starting with 7.28 firmware update on Vera and mobile apps. (usually within 1 month from the previous mobile app update you’ve got)[/quote]
Thanks for the update John. I am a bit confused with the reference to 7.28 ? My Vera edge is running 1.7.4000 firmware and my iOS app is version 3.17 both on the latest stable versions

Hi, I am new here so… Hello everyone, I am installing my new Vera Secure, my old X10 based system is almost in a box. All seems to go fine but now I have problems with the Vera mobile app’s. I have it on my iPhone (ios 9.3.5), on my android tablet (7.0) and on my laptop (win10). I am missing a lot of menu items on all three systems, mostly in the “setting” menu : location, net & wifi, backup, logs and settings, firmware . With the iOS version I can do the setup of the access code of the mini zapato Rfid keypad, in the win10 or android version I don’t find this option. The timestamps on the alert messages are now in US time be corse I can’t change the location. What am I doing wrong ?

Hi Hefat,
The Vera apps are not fully featured and best to use a web browser to manage your system and the apps for limited functions e.g I used to use Vera mobile for IOS to check my cameras what alarm goes off and I am away from home (currently not working), also some geo functions.
Hope this is of some assistance

@Hefat,

As PrincessCleavage says, VeraMobile UI is not yet the web version 1to1.
If you wish to change your location settings, it can be done from the web browser under Users & Account Info → Unit settings.

Only the fully pre-integrated and supported device will show up correctly on the mobile app. Nonetheless, even if a device does not show correctly on the mobile app, it can still be integrated in scenes(made from web), that will be accessible to be triggered from the mobile app.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Princesscleavage and Sorin, you solved my problem, I wasn’t aware of this browser access.

[quote=“PrincessCleavage”][quote=“Sorin”]Hello Guys,

There is an issue only with third party mjpeg cameras. Support for these cameras will be added back to the iOS app starting with 7.28 firmware update on Vera and mobile apps. (usually within 1 month from the previous mobile app update you’ve got)[/quote]
Thanks for the update John. I am a bit confused with the reference to 7.28 ? My Vera edge is running 1.7.4000 firmware and my iOS app is version 3.17 both on the latest stable versions[/quote]
Hi John,
Is it possible to get clarification on the above query please

I believe 7.0.28 will be the next release. The current release is 7.0.27, which has the various specific versions for the different platforms, e.g. 1.7.4000 for the Edge; 1.7.4001 for the Plus.

It’s a confusing system.

[quote=“HSD99”]I believe 7.0.28 will be the next release. The current release is 7.0.27, which has the various specific versions for the different platforms, e.g. 1.7.4000 for the Edge; 1.7.4001 for the Plus.

It’s a confusing system.[/quote]
Thanks for the explanation HSD99

Vera to IOS application = 0 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Veramate : Dead

Simple Vera: Dead

HomeWave: Dead

[shadow=red,left]VeraMobile (Vera’s app[/shadow]) : [move]POOR[/move]

Support to Apple Watch : 0
Only one Apple watch best design was from VeraMate

What’s NEXT?
Vera is on the edge of the gap
Fibaro Home center is every day and every time, but i hate the FHC :frowning:

Good morning Micasaverde it is the XXI. century ! Time to wake up!

[quote=“slajgaj, post:58, topic:190278”]Vera to IOS application = 0 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Veramate : Dead

Simple Vera: Dead

HomeWave: Dead

[shadow=red,left]VeraMobile (Vera’s app[/shadow]) : [move]POOR[/move]

Support to Apple Watch : 0
Only one Apple watch best design was from VeraMate

What’s NEXT?
Vera is on the edge of the gap
Fibaro Home center is every day and every time, but i hate the FHC :frowning:

Good morning Micasaverde it is the XXI. century ! Time to wake up![/quote]

VeraMate is actually the reason I stayed with Vera as long as I have. The app was not perfect, but the UI made it easy for me to quickly see, or do, what was needed. I “had” quite a few status/control items in the home screen of VeraMate, and that level of density cannot be done on the Vera official app. Another really key feature of VeraMate was you could change the icons to match what the device actually is. A door lock shows a padlock (either opened or locked), a garage door shows a garage door (either open or shut), and motion sensors would show a person (either green or red). It was just easy.

I have added the items I really need to the favorites section of the Vera app, but i have so many items I have to scroll up and down if I want to know a particular status. VeraMate allowed me to open, check status, and take one touch action in one simple screen.

Everyone has their own idea of what is efficient, but for ease of daily use, the Vera app misses the mark horribly for me. If Vera wants to keep, or get new customers, the mobile device efficiency/ease of use must be front and center. I really think 90% of Veras problems are a direct result of engineers who don’t understand the needs of the average person. No one needs to fumble with an app and scroll through screens to accomplish multiple simple tasks. There is a massive opportunity today to put automation in the hands of the average person, and Vera is missing it.

[quote=“Sorin”]@Hefat,

As PrincessCleavage says, VeraMobile UI is not yet the web version 1to1.
If you wish to change your location settings, it can be done from the web browser under Users & Account Info → Unit settings.

Only the fully pre-integrated and supported device will show up correctly on the mobile app. Nonetheless, even if a device does not show correctly on the mobile app, it can still be integrated in scenes(made from web), that will be accessible to be triggered from the mobile app.

Hope this helps.[/quote]
Hi John,
Is it possible to get an Eta when IOS will again support viewing cameras from the app ? Also the iwatch app just states ?updating status? and never connects