VeraMobile for Android v.7.40.444 - Beta update

We’re glad to release a new VeraMobile for Android Beta update in Google store. v. 7.40.444 with the following fixes:
Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub and Vera Edge running Beta Ezlo Linux fw:

• Add AEOM HEM power meter information.
  • Fixed an issue for S2 Z-wave devices when the controller was starting the pairing mode later than expected.
  • Fixed an issue when the user was trying to assign the controller to a different account and was stuck in the UI.

For those of you that are Beta testers via the Google platform and want to test the build faster you can enrol at this link , as we’ve changed the tool to distribute the builds - if you haven’t done it already. If you already use the new tool, you’ll receive an app update with v.7.40.442 .

1 Like

Oddly, I’m unable to complete installation of .442. I followed the normal (email) link to install the update. Firebase updated itself along the way, then presented the “Download” button (clicked), and ultimately the “Install?” dialogue (clicked “Install”).
But every one of the four attempts resulted in the following “Installation Failed” error screen, around the “80%” mark:

I will now uninstall VeraMobile™ entirely and re-attempt one last time.

UPDATE: Success!

NEW FEEDBACK: On .442 with fw .23, selecting the “Vera Edge” from “Location” welcome screen leads to a much shorter wait time before fully logged in. That is, the “spinning wheel” effect has been greatly shortened (perhaps 3-5 seconds instead of 8-10).

Nice work!

1 Like

NEW FEEDBACK: With .442 and fw .23, manual removal of extraneous “Alexa” devices (when multiple ones listed under “Devices” panel) now works using trashcan > REMOVE NOW feature.

Again, nicely done!

1 Like

NEW FEEDBACK: With .442 and fw .23, during the connection process (i.e. adding Alexa system link), I notice that the > arrows are unresponsive – that is, do not react to tapping – whereas tapping the accompanying text (“Google Home” and “Amazon Alexa”) does take the user to the next screen.
voi_system_hotspots
Please adjust so that entire row reacts to touch (i.e. hotspot not restricted to labels).

NEW FEEDBACK: Under .442 with fw .23, immediately after linking my Amazon Alexa account to VeraMobile™, repeated attempts to “enter” the new “Alexa” device (in order to issue commands) was rebuffed along with the following “Please wait … loading” error screen and spinner (which lasts from 1-5 seconds):

Only by exiting (not force-closing) the app, opening it anew, and navigating back through the “VOI” panel, into the newly added “Alexa” device, was I able to begin issuing commands as expected.

NEW FEEDBACK: In .442 using fw .23 (Edge), when speaking commands into the “Alexa” device, the resulting text string correctly populates the “Command” field, but the blinking cursor gets placed at the beginning of the string, rather than at the end where expected:

This may tend to frustrate users seeking to augment the parsed phrase with additional verbiage, either typed or spoken.

NOTE: Importantly, once a spoken command has appeared in the box (but “Send” NOT yet pressed), a second press of the “Microphone” icon causes subsequent spoken commands to be appended after the existing phrase – neither replacing it, nor being grafted on without the necessary single space – which IMHO is correct behavior.

Thank you guys for the feedback. Our QA confirmed this issues and they will be taken into consideration in the next releases.