Veraplus Firmware Upgrade Issue

I have a Veraplus. I saw that there was a firmware upgrade available.

I did it.

Now I cannot access it. Typing in the IP in the browser I get a flash of a black screen and then 404 - Not Found.

Any ideas?

I have just a green light on front. I did try and pull the power. Did not work.

I can ping it. I can SSH into it as well, but not sure what to do after SSH so just exited.

If you made a backup as requested before upgrading, look up how to restore the unit back to when it was new, then once it is running again you can upgrade the firmware and restore your settings from the backup.

I’ve just upgraded my Vera Plus and it looks like many devices are gone. Have not identified any pattern yet.

In addition, I continously receives these faults on top of the browser:

GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 3. Fail to load implementation file D_BluetoothNetwork.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 13. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 16. Fail to load implementation file D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 21. Fail to load implementation file D_DoorSensor1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 26. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid 4d696e69-444c-164e-9d41-000c296876ae.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 47. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 48. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 69. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 77. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 79. Fail to load implementation file D_DoorSensor1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 80. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 87. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 88. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 89. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 105. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 106. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 107. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 108. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 109. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 110. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 113. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 114. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 115. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 116. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 117. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 118. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 119. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 120. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 121. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 136. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 137. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 138. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 139. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 140. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 141. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 155. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 156. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 157. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 160. Fail to load implementation file D_SmokeSensor1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 164. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 165. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 166. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 167. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 168. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 169. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 170. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 171. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 172. Fail to load implementation file D_DoorSensor1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 174. Fail to load implementation file D_GenericIO1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 175. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 176. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 177. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 178. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 179. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 180. Fail to load implementation file D_DimmableLight1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 181. Fail to load implementation file D_ComboDevice1.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 186. Fail to load implementation file D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
GET_LANG(system_error,System error) : Device: 187. Fail to load implementation file D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml
Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins
Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.
ZWave : Configuring Z-Wave devices in your system.

I had similar problem tech support asked that I press the reset button 3 times within 1 second. After that my system started normally with full web access.

Thanks. I got support on the phone. She said they are having issues with some units. She restored the previous firmware and restored by backup from the server and said wait for the next firmware.

Thanks pulpman52… I pushed reset three times and everything works again…

Here is a little more information for others experiencing the issue where you can’t access the hub after upgrading the firmware in Veraplus…

1- With the Veraplus hub on and fully booted, but not responding via the app, press the reset button three times. You do this by inserting the end of a paperclip in the tiny hole located on the front of the hub.
2- Within 1 minute the system will completely shutdown… Don’t touch anything.
3- Eventually the unit will start back up. It is not like a normal boot… It takes a fairly long time until all the lights on the unit stay on. I would estimate it to be around 5 minutes…
4- Once all the lights stay on continuously without blinking, return to your computer and you should be able to access the hub normally. If you go to firmware you will find that it did in-fact upgrade the firmware to 1.7.2044 FROM 1.7.1754

Hope this helps!!

John

Thanks for the suggestions - worked for me.

Just a thought - why does this type of stuff always happen with Vera? Do they not test adequately >:( prior to releases?

Thanks Vera for just wasting an hour of my life!

1 Like

I have not tried it again, but i am wondering if the issue is with the current firmware that came with my veraplus.

Running Version 1.7.1786

Not sure… I was running 1.7.1754

@rinconmike I’m getting repeating errors on my vera, and found this thread when I was googling for it.

then I noticed that part of your username matches part of my error.
System error : Device: 147. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_B8E937AEEC9601400.xml

What is rincon?

You must have Sonos devices on your network. They are making announcements the Vera is hearing (and Vera itself may be prompting them–turn off UPnP on your Vera in Users and Account Info > Security). These aren’t errors; they can be safely ignored if you prefer to take no action at all.

@rigpapa What could turning off upnp interfere with?

I do have sonos kit, and want to use it with vera. My router doesn’t participate in any upnp.

Also, that checkbox was already unchecked. I checked it and then re unchecked it, but it did not have any affect.

Turning that off will stop your Vera attempting to find UPnP devices on the network, which it can’t handle anyway without your intervention and the installation of plugins. It’s like someone’s great idea that never got finished. You can ignore those “error” messages, as I said. All it’s saying is that it has identified a UPnP device on the network but cannot figure out how to view or drive it. When you get around to installing the Sonos plugin, you’ll have what it needs (and it has no relationship to the checkbox either).

1 Like