Version 1.5 (Release Candidate)

The real error is a message or two earlier–the request to the API returned no data. That looks like a certificate validation error. I’m wondering what Vera hardware and firmware you are using…

In any case, I can make that not matter… I’d like to have you pull and install the latest stable release. Just repeat the instructions in the head post of this topic–download a new ZIP file from the stable branch and install it.

Slight hiccup I hope…
I stupidly uploaded the zip file into Vera Luap Files.
I see it there. Is there a way to delete it?
Will it cause harm?
Sorry…

Won’t cause harm, will chew up a little space. Easy to remedy. In Apps > Develop apps > Test Luup Code (Lua) run (copy-paste): os.execute("rm /etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos-Vera-stable.zip")

Failed Test Code Please Try Again…?

os.execute(“rm /etc/cmh-ludl/Sonos-Vera-stable.zip”)

It took it after a few more tries…

OK I cleaned up the added zip file mistake…
But the TTS Say function and Say lua commands in scenes are not responding. They do say Success after clicking the run button.

Here is my RV Server URL: https://code.responsivevoice.com
Same on the variables page:
https://code.responsivevoice.com

I am running Application Version: 1.7.4452

Let’s see what the log file says now.

Here ya go.
thanks So Much…

Lakewoodjazz Sonos Log After Reinstall of Vera Stable.pdf (22.6 KB)

OK. You’ve got the wrong URL. Just blank out what you’ve got and let the plugin use its default.

So …attached are todays logs.
I created a new device called 691 and tried to do TTS from the say command. I put in Test Test Test…
It worked once.
But if I try again nothing.
Also I changed over some lua TTS scenes to try with the 621 device #.
Nothing is happening.
Then I noticed the 621 device is gone.
I went back and tried my original #298 but no TTS there.
The Sonos control app is working but no tts or scenes are running.

Oct 16 AM LOGS 1.pdf (40.9 KB)

The log you sent doesn’t seem to have a “Say” action in it. What it does show is your scene Lua dn startup Lua, and looks like it may be an incomplete copy/paste, but I think it’s trying to tell you there’s an error in the scene or startup Lua.

For 691, have you hard-refreshed your browser? You have to hard refresh any time you create or delete a device.

When testing TTS, you should be testing from the TTS tab in the Sonos device exclusively. That takes any other errors that may be in your scenes or elsewhere out of the equation and just focuses on whether TTS is working or not. So please do that, and if it doesn’t work, capture the log with the Say commands in it.

See attached pdf.
TTS on Sonos Device #298 did not work.
Hard Refreshed for log and checked for device #621.
#621 is gone.
I noticed…Device #298 used to be a Sonos Connect 192.168.1.18 but it is now 192.168.1.24 Sonos Beam.
Oct 16 LOGS 2.pdf (83.2 KB) Hope this what you need!
Thanks

OK. The log is again showing that you have the wrong URL configured for ResponsiveVoice. Can you confirm that the RV URL is blank (only, so the plugin default will be used, which I know to be correct at this point). If you need to change it (clear it out), please do, and then restart Luup and run the test from the TTS tab again.

Will Do.
I put a screen shot of the URL from the TTS page.

Hi Patrick
Cleared it out off the TTS page.
Restarted Vera.
Choose the Sonos Connect as the selected zone then grouped all sonos devices on the group page.
TTS played once.
Tried again and no sound.
Tried a scene with a manual TTS lua code.
Says Scene failed. Then I played it again manually and it said success but NO Sound.
See attached files.

Oct 16 LOGS 3 PM.pdf (31.0 KB)

The PDF file appears to be damaged, I can’t read it.

Rather than making PDFs, try RIGHT-clicking and choosing “Save as…” to save the file. You can ZIP that file and attach the zipped file. Smaller, more complete.

OK Tried saving as a zipped file but also attached a pdf version again just in case I screwed it up…
The file showing the TTS "Thanks Patrick For Your Help " did work work.
Twice!
:slight_smile:
lakewoodjazz luaupnp log 10.17 1.zip (200.6 KB) luaupnp log.pdf (91.0 KB)

I tried running some scenes manually and they are responding.
Attached is a zip file.
Seems to be listing a lot of errors…
I think setting the engine to device #298 back to the Sonos Connect 192.168.1.18 may have helped…??? It seems when choosing (different) “Selected Zone” on the Settings page it was not sending the TTS request to Responsive Voice.
Another question… Do you think I should create devices for all of my Sonos Speakers?
I would like to have the option of doing lua TTS in Scenes just to specific speakers. Is that the only benefit?
Does using the Sonos supplied App have on effect on grouping in your updated Vera Sonos 1.5 App?
lakewoodjazz Oct 17 luaupnp log 2.zip (428.2 KB) lakewoodjazz Oct 17 luaupnp log 2.pdf (913.8 KB)

I don’t see a reload anywhere in these logs. Can you just do a reload and see if it starts working?

EDIT: Also, before you reload, set DebugLogs to 15 on the test Sonos device. If you’ve already done the reload, make this change and reload again, please.