Version 1.5 (Release Candidate)

I am completely stumped, and would appreciate any guidance.

I just updated the Sonos plugin to v1.5 - thank you @rigpapa for picking up the development of this. With v1.4 I had a few scenes to play music…they grouped some Sonos players, set a volume in each zone and then played a “favorite.” They worked fine. I decided to upgrade all my Sonos components, and found I was dead in the water with v1.4 of the Plugin, so I updated to v1.5. Installation went fine, and the plug-in devices in Vera are working perfectly. However, in re-building my scenes using the advanced editor, and using the exact same commands I was using with v1.4, I seem to have lost all control over setting individual zone volumes. SetVolume has no effect. SetGroupVolume will work, but that doesn’t help me, as I need different volume levels in each of the rooms. Setting a volume for a particular zone using the Vera device created by the plug-in works just fine.

Is there any reason why SetVolume would have stopped working? Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong. Here’s what my simple script using the Advanced Scene Editor looks like…

The SetVolume commands have no effect. This sequence of commands worked just fine under the old plug-in. I’ve spent hours testing different ordering of these commands, adding delays and trying different commands, with no success.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Have you considered upgrading to v 2.0 of this plug-in? Installing Sonos Plugin 2.0 (development/pre-release) for Azure TTS access

@LibraSun, I have not tried that - I certainly can. However, the guidance from @rigpapa on that thread is to only install that beta version if you need TTS, and I don’t. v1.5 was marked as “stable” so I assumed I should stick with that one. But I’ll give 2.0 a try tomorrow to see if it somehow resolves the issue.

Thanks.

1 Like