Video #003 Motion Controlled Light

I watched @rigpapa Motion Controlled light video and set up a few sensors and they work great

this setup with “sustained for” is good for rooms that you are transiting through ie the Hall Landing etc but for example I want the light to turn when I just walk into the Cinema room to check something but if I want to watch a film generally there might not be a lot of motion so the lights (Table Lamps @5%) keep going off

I think I am missing something can I get a clue as to whether its possible to achieve the lights staying on when watching a film but going off when I just wander in the room can someone throw me a bone please
Thanks

Why not monitor the W-usage (from a plug) for the TV or Projector to avoid the lights from turning off?

1 Like

Thanks that’s a great idea, initially I thought Receiver but Projector is better, TV which is in another room is not connected to Vera so that will be difficult to, so I have placed an extra condition in motion off which checks to make sure the Projector is off before it goes true, so hopefully that will work ok

Dont think there is anything I can do with the TV Room though I only have a motion sensor, Standard Lamp connected to Vera

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Ah yes I could do that, great idea, need to check if I have a plug with W- usage if not I’ll get one thanks

1 Like

I actually monitor most of my appliances in the home like that, dishwasher, dryer, washing machine, coffee maker, TVs etc. in order to get notifications and handle conditions in different scenes.

Sorry one last question, what plugs do you use?

I use Fibaro plugs (FGWPF-101 or -102), they have been very reliable but there are others on the market …

1 Like