[ul]Virtual Panel Plugin
This plugin provides the ability to create a user defined dashboard panel. This includes changing the icons and positioning the controls on it without writing a single line of Luup. You can hook these up to device commands, http get/post, execute scenes, and set variables by filling out a few forms. The plugin files are included in this post. Documentation is in the next post.
This plugin is designed for use on systems running 7.05 and above. It will not work on prior firmwares.
- Set Variables
- Monitor Devices
- Execute Scenes
- Send Http GET/POST commands
- Directly Execute Luup from controls defined on your panel
- Vertical Sliders
- Horizontal Rules
- Horizontal Spacers
- Line Breaks
- Scene Groups
- Control Groups
- Color Indicators
- The installation guide is missing a key item: When you Create Device for the Panel Manager you need to set the Upnp Implementation Filename to I_VirtualPanel.xml If you missed this then you can go to the Advanced Tab on the Panel Manager and set it there. Then Reload the Luup Engine again.
- The configuration will not load when connected through home.GetVera.com. To edit panels you must be connected locally. After they have been saved the panels will work fine through home.GetVera.com
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with recent fw 7.0.27+ where the configuration data was not being decoded from Vera.
- Feature: Added the min/max device control.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where Execute Lua commands could be confused when more than one command is defined on a panel.
- Feature: Added min/max values for vertical sliders.
- Feature: Added the ability to define the suffix value for horizontal sliders.
- Feature: Changed the horizontal slider to reflect the current state variable on the dashboard and Detail sample panels.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where dashes in format types would be interpreted incorrectly.
- Feature: Added Hide on Dashboard. When checked the control will only appear on the detail panel.
- Feature: Added Execute Lua action. Luup code can now be attached to any action on the panel. This includes an internal syntax checker and the ability to run the code immediately to see its effect.
- Feature: Added Color Indicator control. Provides the ability to display a colorized indicator on your panel that reflects the current state of any device variable.
- Change: Moved the elusive Reload Luup button so that it can never be obscured by the floating sample screens.
- Change: Increased the size of the detail panel to match the default Vera panel size.
- Rework: Removed the hack that was in place to deal with the multi-dimmer display variable bug on Vera. MCV fixed the issue so the hack is no longer welcome.
- Bug Fix: Fixed icon conditions to allow numeric comparisons. Previously, conditions would only evaluate the string representation of a numeric value which would yield unpredictable results.
- Feature: Added horizontal width support for slider controls.
- Feature: Added validation for numeric configuration values.
- Change: Moved the layout tab to the top bar under device details so you do not have to scroll down to find the layout editor. The option will move to the top after you have saved your panel edits for the first time after the update.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where HTTP settings for GET and POST were overwriting each other. You could only get an HTTP command to work if you filled it out for get and post then changed to the option you wanted.
- Feature: Dashboard view shows the panel layout as you add or modify controls on it.
- Feature: Drag and drop editor for the detail tab view.
- Feature: Added scene group capabilities.
- Feature: Added control group capabilities.
- Feature: Added format type for percentage values.
- Feature: Added the ability to duplicate controls on the panel. Bring up the control in the edit screen and hit add instead of save.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where invalid format strings could cause the panel manager to crash. Now if invalid formats are provided it will show Format Error! in place of the variable.
- Bug Fix: If a panel was added then saved and then immediately deleted sometimes Vera would not return the DeviceId until the next time the panels in the panel manager were saved.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where spaces were not being preserved when drawn on the dashboard panel.
- Bug Fix: If margins were supplied on variables it would inadvertently remove the formatting when it was rendered.
- Feature: Added text alignment for labels and variables. This will allow you to neatly align your labels and variables. You will find these options on the text styler widget for variables and labels.
- Feature: Added additional format types for numeric values.
- Feature: Added quick help screen for common formats.
- Change: Changed labels and variables so that the dashboard now honors the width entered when you define the them. This should reduce the need for spacers in many situations and ensure alignment when the information being displayed varies. The flow will only consume the width you entered when you defined the label or variable, so you may need to make some adjustments to existing panels.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where FireFox was closing the text style popup as soon as it was opened.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where element parameters were required if you wanted to call an action on another device.
- Feature: New text format styles for numeric and dates values.
- Feature: Added storage for variables in their decorated and undecorated form. Variables that are formatted for the screen will show on the panel device as _Formatted.
- Rework: Reworked existing positioning to account for 7.05.
- Feature: Added ability to style text elements within the panel.
- Feature: Added Line Break and Spacer elements to conform to the new control layouts for 7.05.
- Bug Fix: Fixed positioning issues for items on the Details tab.
- Bug Fix: Dialogs used to center on the screen without taking the current scroll position into account. Dialogs will now center regardless of the scroll position.
- Feature: Added persistent toggle button style. This allows the state of the button to be monitored on one variable while executing two different commands based upon the toggled state of the button.
- Feature: Added command type to allow for no action. When selected the command will do nothing. This will allow any of the controls to operate as read only controls that simply reflect the state.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where items were not being deleted after the delete confirmation was clicked.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where changes sometimes resulted in duplication of the control.
- Feature: Added ability to reference state from another device for the icon state. BOFH security panel scenario
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where the Add Element dialogs were not closing after the add button was pressed
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where the delete state icon was not being saved until the default icon was saved
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where new state icons would not be reflected until other changes were made on the panel
- First release into the wild