Virtual Panel Plugin

Brandon,

The attached files should allow you to set a monitoring range. It also includes the horizontal spinner control to put on your panels. Try it out and let me know if you have issues.[/quote]

Do I drop these files into Vera in the Development page?

Yessir then reload luup and refresh your browser.

Did it but havenā€™t done anything to create a panel as now I need to finish paperwork for Uncle Sam. >:(

Thanks again, Robert!

I m with UI7, version 1.7.2608 and cannot find it in the store, is the real name Virtual Panel Plugin?

The files and documentation are on the first page of this topic. You have to manually install it.

rstrouse, Thank you for a great plug-in. I have successfully built several panels based off your examples that work like a charm. Where I am struggling is with the very cool Vera Status panel I am trying to replicate. Where do I find the values for each of the variables such as Restart events and Memory? I have looked at all the possibilities in the drop downs that I have but do not see these items. Also, I was able to build the Reload Luup button, but the Reboot Vera button does not seem to work. Iā€™ve tried [Reboot], [Reboot Vera], [Restart] and [Restart Vera] without success. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks again and keep building on this great tool.

These values are coming from the System Monitor plugin. If you reference that device there is a plethora of information associated with it. Also, the Reboot button is connected to the Virtual Panel parent device. The method there is RebootVera (see screenshot). Panel Manager is my Virtual panel device.

NOTE: The heal variable is no longer valid if you are running fw newer than 7.05 as this was reporting the old Vera heal strategy that no longer works. It is now handled completely by the z-wave chip and does not report health back to Vera.

Got it. Thanks for the quick response, great plug-in and all youā€™ve done.

Hey,

Iā€™ve just installed the Virtual Panel Plugin and configured a panel with an array of buttons.

Just wondering if anyone has managed to surface the panel devices to Alexa and if it is possible to have Alexa trigger the buttons on the panel?

My use case is that I created a ā€œTV remoteā€ panel that has buttons 0-9, volume up, volume down, AV, TV and power off. Each button runs a Lua function. Clicking these buttons manually from the web/app interface works great. Iā€™m just wanting to know if I can use this ā€œremoteā€ by saying something like ā€˜Alexa, turn TV to channel 2ā€™ etc.

Any insight would be great.

I donā€™t have an Echo (yet). These devices seem to be so isolated to the room in which they are installed. If there was a whole-home (including the patio) I would be jumping. Anyhow, I am here to help if there is something in the command or trigger interface that will grease the skids. You could always put the lua in a .lua file and require it in VP. Then use that same lua in scenes or even call the scene from VP.

Hi

Does this plugin still work OK ?

I just followed the installation guide and uploaded the files from the v1.9 zip file and created the device.

I can see the Panel Manager device it says on it:

Debug: Disabled
Compression: Disabled

Problem is when going in to ā€œConfigure Panelsā€ it just says ā€œGetting Configurationā€¦ā€

And there is a broken image icon looks like a missing image etc.

I have reloaded the engine and rebooted Vera Edge, it running the latest firmware 1.7.4000.

Thanks

EDIT: Please see screen shots of UI7 and AltUI. Something is visible when using AltUI

Yes this plugin works. Are you by chance trying to edit panels when logged into your Vera via home.getvera.com. The configuration functions only operate when you connect locally as the relay creates a cross-origin scenario for the service calls that load and save the panels.

Hi

I am accessing Vera via the local IP address and it says Login on the UI7 menu on the left, which I assume means I am not logged in to the getvera cloud.

I uploaded the six files from the zip file to Vera, I can see all of these listed in the Apps - Develop Apps - Luup files area.

I then created the device, gave it the description ā€œPanel Managerā€ and in the device file I entered ā€œD_VirtualPanel.xmlā€

This created the Panel Manager device.

Looking in the Advanced area of the device, I can see that the device_file field has ā€œD_VirtualPanel.xmlā€ the device_json field has ā€œD_VirtualPanel.jsonā€ The device_type has ā€œurn:schemas-rstrouse-com:device:VirtualPanel:1ā€

I cannot see a impl_file field listed however.

Thanks

Iā€™m using a Windows 10 laptop, it seems to be the same in Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer Browsers. :cry:

One more thing. Under Users & Account Info check the box that say ā€œEnable potentially unsafe lua code, like wget and RunLua?ā€ It is under the checkbox that says Secure My Vera which should also be unchecked while you are trying to edit panels.

Hi rstrouse

If I look in the Vera Security settings there are three options none of them were selected.

1. Secure Vera
  2. Enable potentially unsafe lua code, like wget and RunLua.
  3. Enable UPnP

I then only enabled number 2.

I then reloaded the engine but the Panel Manager was the same when selecting Configure Panels. I then rebooted Vera but still no dice.

I also ensured I was logged out of the GetVera service. I have two Vera units on my Vera account the one I am trying Panel Manager on is my test box a Vera Edge. My live box is a Vera Plus, not sure if that makes any difference though. Both are logged out currently.

Thanks for your help btw.

It looks like they moved the + icon in one of the firmware upgrades. Iā€™ll hunt down where they moved it to fix the missing icon, but if you click on the missing icon you should be able to add and edit panels. The + icon is the one circled in the screenshot.

It appears they moved the + icon but I can guess they moved the - icon as wellā€¦ ugggh!

In native UI7 I cannot access the ā€œConfigure Panelsā€ area at all its stuck on ā€œGetting Configurationā€ message and I cannot access the Layout area of an existing panel.

I was in ALTUI able to actually create a Panel, see screen shot, but even in ALTUI all the icon images look to be missing.

I canā€™t even see that same screen you just posted a screen shot of I donā€™t think, not in UI7.

Thanks

This is what the Panel Manager looks like when I open it, I can see the Control button as in your screen shot but nothing else looks the same.