Want Aeotec Nano Dimmer to control other devices

I have a 2-gang wall switch in my house that I’ve covered with a blank plate, because on the inside I have connected the wires together, to be always-on (because I have Z-wave bulbs in those lights and need them to always receive power in order to control).

I’m wondering if I can wire an Aeotec Nano Dimmer in there, to control other devices throughout the house.

IE: Wire it in the 2-gang spot, give it incoming power, don’t have any power output wires connected. And then connect two rocker switches to S1 and S2. And within Vera, set scenes where “If S1 is pressed, it toggles this device” and similar for S2.

Do you think this would actually work?

Yes, you can do this.
Not sure why you are using a nano dimmer possibly because it’s 2 wire?
I have a similar setup using a ZWBCL2 operating 2 remote Z-Wave relays, there is a delay which is z-Wave induced but it works.
If you can set up an association it should be instanteous.
HIH

You’re correct-- it’s a no-neutral situation. It’s the best solution I’ve found so far-- but I’m always open to suggestions :slight_smile:

Thanks you-- I’ll give it a try.

Are you in AUS? Looks like that’s where your product is from.

^^^
Yes, I have it working with ZWBCL2. Not tested with a 2 wire option.

Your issue will be that in 2 wire you have to connect the output of the dimmer to a load. Then you would need to find a way to dissociate SW1 from the output control. SW2 would work ok in this scenario, just not sure how you use sw1 for generating messages without it messing up your bulbs…

Good news on that front-- you can change the variables to dissociate S1 from output control

I put in a support ticket with Aeotec and received this response:

These are the links that he provided:

Seems like the solution is to adjust Group Associations, which is above my head at this point :slight_smile:

I figured it out!

I have the Dimmer installed in a 2 gang box. S1 controls the electrical output. Then I took a momentary switch and attached to S2.

Configured the dimmer’s Param 124 to value “2” (like in screenshot in my above post).

Configured the dimmer’s Associations for Group 4 (which corresponds to S2) to toggle a different Z-Wave light.

It works!