Wi-Fi enabled robotic vacuum

Going off topic here but…
What I see you saying is, you could use a relay controlled coffee maker, but not really.

Can you expand on this? I’m really interested in a solution here. What is being done with the universal sensor in a car and how is it being done?

Checking my in wall double oven, vaguely similar to what is displayed in the video, the maximum power draw is 7.6kw. Also, there’s still the matter of losing the clock and programming functionality by turning it off with a relay, just like the coffee maker in the beginning. I just don’t see a Fibaro relay, or any relay, being a viable solution to automate a coffee maker or oven.

I’m unclear as to the point of your washing machine automation, not that I require a point or an excuse to add automation. But, having loaded the washer and added detergent, why delay turning it on? Noise perhaps?

Edit: This post has an offensive tone that was not intended when I wrote it.

well if you have a philips senseo you can use a fibaro duo-switch soldered to the buttons for 1 and 2 cups and use this to start the coffeemakingprocess
universal sensor works on 12v and has 2 motion devices and a tempsensor. with no connection to the z-wave network this would give in vera the last status. so if you have motion triggered and go away it would stay triggered. as soon as it connects to z-wave and is untriggered it would immediatly change status on vera. if you hook the universal sensor outputs up to the radio-powered output of the car it could change the z-wave status triggered/untriggered as you turn on/off the car. haven’t tried this as i dont have a car but should do the trick. there is also a gps/carlocation device solution somewhere on the forum.
the washingmachine has a flood-sensor so if this is triggered it would turn off the washingmachine. its a LG and it has built-in delay and other functions and newer version even have z-wave or zigbee in it(haven’t looked at the subject for a while so i dont know which version (zigbee or z-wave) they eventually choosen)

The Litter Robot only gets stuck like once-a-month, and pulling the power plug always fixes it. I wanted it on z-wave power socket so I could remotely reset it, and if gone for a few days I could put a camera where I could check it to make sure the green light was on (not the three colored blink of stuck)… I usually have a pet sitter, but they only come once a day…

This is an interesting idea. I don’t see it working for me as the inferred states of the sensor would not be accurate enough for my purposes. But, it is an interesting idea. As well as geofencing, or telemetry, my ideal car solution would positively identify each car in each bay. I don’t see how to do with without RFID. Cheap and easy solution wanted.

the washingmachine has a flood-sensor so if this is triggered it would turn off the washingmachine. its a LG and it has built-in delay and other functions and newer version even have z-wave or zigbee in it(haven't looked at the subject for a while so i don't know which version (zigbee or z-wave) they eventually choosen)
This is not a bad idea, but be careful that your implementation does what you want. If you only wish to prevent electrocution, it's fine, but it probably won't stop the leak. The most common washing machine leaks are hose failures due to age. Turning the machine off won't help with this. I have also seen washing machines where the fill valve stuck open even without power, though I expect this is rare.

Back to the vacuum issue - and specifically Neato. It occurs to me all I really want to do is start a cleaning via automation. Sure, battery status, dirt bin full notification, and all the other information from the API, would be nice, but basically just extras to the basic cleaning I want to be able to start from VERA.

On the Neato, two presses of the main button starts a cleaning - any ideas on an actuator that could be attached to the base station to replicate pressing the button twice?

@z-waver it got leak-protection… turning off the washingmachine automaticly shuts down the water valve in the hose :slight_smile:

@wilme you could wire a fibaro duo-switch on it. this works on 24 volts and with a scene you can simulate the 2 presses of button. got dry contacts and possibility to set a duration of the contact being held.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZTBtnLbBnc]Adding Devices to Neurio - YouTube

so you would need to get a “spark” and make it talk to vera ^^
as this neurio stuff sounds great but is not going to work well. the idea is great , using it in the reallife situation isn’t …

Well, I sure like the Spark for the hardware. I am happy to solder in a spark to my Neato, but I would need some pointers on the software…
I know RichardTSchaefer mentioned Spark back a few dozen posts…

it uses the serial connector on the neato. so hopefully it doesnt require soldering or maybe just a little… its doable i guess. for the software , there are many ppl on this forum that can help out.

I ordered a Spark to connect to my Neato. I guess I will use the internal serial connection, but that limits the project to Neato “1” series like the VX-11, VX-12, XV-15… The newer PCB used on the “2” series and the “Pro” models apparently eliminated the serial connection.

If I get the hardware right, will look to this forum for help writing a plug-in…

this is also a nice alternative to spark [url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1608192864/rfduino-iphone-bluetooth-40-arduino-compatible-boa?ref=category]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1608192864/rfduino-iphone-bluetooth-40-arduino-compatible-boa?ref=category[/url]

My Spark came in the mail yesterday! But tied up with other projects for a few days.

Well, the good news is that for 20 minutes yesterday I had the Spark Core connected to the Neato and it was responding to commands. Then I did something stupid (plugged in the external power) and shorted the motherboard/PCB. So on to eBay for a replacement PCB and at least a week of delay…

Is the Neato/Spark combo the best solution for home automated cleaning machine?

I have a neato and want to do the same thing. Been looking at this: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoWirelessShield

I am thinking about tackling the Neato 2 wifi usb plugin / dongle. Anyone have any update on the Spark. I have been lookng at the openPicus flyport since it has a built in webserver on the chip. So my though its make it so you can throw commands at the webserver once you assign an ip to your openPicus. example http://192.168.11.22/run?cmd=clean That way a plugin can easily be programmed to vera. How easy hard was it to hook up the Spark? How was power consumption? did it run off the Neato or did you have to supply its own power source.

Spark inbound, will start working on it when it arrives. This seems to be a pretty simple process after watching spark tutorials. I also ordered a FlyportPro with hopes of getting that as a more robust web interface for the Neato since the Flyport allows you to actually store webpages. This will allow me to make something similar to the Roomba Wifi remote, Roomba Wi-fi Remote's Web Server - YouTube However that will not be available to ship until May 25th.

What version of Neato will you be working on? I have been wanting to buy a Neato for years but still not have one. When I finally get around to buy one remote control from vera would be a huge plus.

I have an XV-21 and this is all pending everything falls into place. I would have to access the control menu via serial port on the internal board. However the 21 models and up Neato removed the pins to access the serial port but where it used to be there are still holes where it would have been solder in place. I am crossing my fingers when i hook it up there, it will work like the old serial port.

would be nice if you could just use the usb port on it, but the Neato “os” wont let you utilize the clean command while the usb is plugged in.