WOLPlusPing help

Hi, im new to plugins.

how can i use/edit the WOLPlusPing off button to trigger a scene and turn off/sleep my computer?
i heard some ppls use Eventghost and create a scene to turn off/sleep… but i dont even know how to use the off button as a trigger… someone help me :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have not done so already, please see this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=11641.0

• Garrett

SOLVED!
Turns out the below issue was not Vera-related at all, nor attributable to the plug-in, Alexa, etc. My copy of EventGhost had simply “forgotten” the webserver settings I had initially provided, so wasn’t “listening” on the proper port any longer. Not sure why this happened (since I’m new to the program), but will watch after each full reboot of the host laptop to see whether EventGhost’s Autorun feature is pulling up the correct configuration. [If not, I’ll need to learn how to make it persistent across sessions.]

PROBLEM
Got the WOLPlusPing plug-in (which is excellent, btw!) up and running nicely this morning. Now, however, the single device associated with it – which was turning my PC On and Off just fine – no longer can be switched to Off. Not manually (by clicking “Off” under “Devices” in the Vera UI), nor by clicking “Off” under the device’s own “Control” tab, nor by voice (by telling Alexa to “Turn off the computer”, a Devices activity that had been working great).

It remains stubbornly stuck in the “On” position.

(Yes, the PC is still running, so “On” is technically correct, but the Scene associated with the “Off” trigger – which sends a Luup snippet over to EventGhost in Windows – is also not firing as expected. When run manually, the scene generates a “Scene run failed” response in red. Hmm…)

Any clues why this might be happening? (NOTE: The only adjustment I made under Advanced, beyond setting the IP, MAC, was to change Period=60 to Period=300.)

Thanks! - Libra

UPDATE: Feeling adventurous, I performed a Settings > Z-Wave Settings > Reload Engine > GO, just now, to no avail. Clicking “Off” still spins the green circle for a few seconds yet produces no “Success” or “Failed” announcement.

NEW QUESTION about WOLPlusPing…

Is there a way for Reactor to “watch” WOLPlusPing’s status/variables in such a way that the Reactor Sensor app can detect when a Wake-On-LAN command has been received?

For example, in my case, I tell Alexa “Turn on the Computer” (my Vera Plus has a Device named “The Computer” and this voice action basically instructs that pseudo-device to turn “ON”). I’d like Reactor to do something in response to this action – EVEN IF THE COMPUTER IS ALREADY “ON” – but alas, this has proven challenging, for a couple of reasons:

(1) Nothing I’ve tried under Reactor plug-in > Conditions > Device State : Target (or Status) > Changes (or Updates) seems to produce a TRUE condition;

(2) Those values are always “1” and remain so as long as the computer is actually turned on, which by necessity is the case while I’m trying to edit my Reactor setup;

(3) I’m unsure of any other way to “sense” when a WOLPlusPing command has been processed.

Any suggestions? My brain is at its wit’s end. THANKS!

• Libra