Xiaomi Aqara stuff Works Natively

hello all
so, I know Vera’s doesn’t really have a huge Zigbee Library but I was curious to see if I could get the Xiaomi Stuff to work. there had been a lot of talk on the forum but no one has had success, until today

I recently purchased Xiaomi Aqara vibration sensor just for the hell of it and in messing around I actually got it to pair to by vera plus zigbee interface but I was not able to configure it since there is no device file for Vibration or tilt or drop so that was stuck.

so I decided to get a temperature sensor, and with the help of rafale77 on his zigbee endpoint smoke detector post (kudos to u dude) was able to get this paired and working to a point

the primary device seems to be a pressure sensor which we don’t have a device file for hence cant configure device but i was able to get the temp and humidity endpoints up and running
(Yeah its hot in florida)

maybe its time for a zigbee section on the forum

i am gonna get more Xiaomi Aqara like the motion detector and stuff to see if i can get this stuff woking

based on these endpoint clusters

2 Likes

yes, it would be great if the door window https://us.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626703.html or GS-WDS07 Wireless Door Magnetic Strip 433MHz for Security Alarm Home System Sale - Banggood UK sold out-arrival notice and this water sensor DY-SQ100B Water Leakage Sensor Rustproof Sensor Alarm 433MHz for Security Home Alarm System Sale - Banggood UK-arrival notice-arrival notice would work

yeah i would need to get one to try it

Nice, well done!

Was just about to look into these small and cheap sensors. Which one did you test out, the round or square one?

yeah the square onr i havent had the round one ye but ill be gettin more stuff to test them

I tried to pair this one with my VeraPlus EU but nothing happened. Not sure what frequency it is, are there regional differences?

so use this
http://*VeraIP *:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=189&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZigbeeNetwork1&action=OpenJoin&Duration=

then go really close to the vera unit and hold the reset button until u see the light blink 3 times fast

if that doesnt work

http://veraip:3480/data_request?id=lu_invoke

look for #dev Zigbee Network

then go to open join

go within 2 feet of vera
hold reset button untill you see 3 blinking lights on sensor

wait for it to configure
still need to figure out what the main node /device is

Zigbee Cluster ID List | Zigbee Cluster IDs table

Zigbee Cluster IDs table

Following table mentions Zigbee Cluster IDs.

Domain Zigbee Cluster IDs Description
Generic 0x0000 Basic
0x0001 Power configuration
0x0002 Device temperature configuration
0x0003 Indentify
0x0004 Groups
0x0005 Scenes
0x0006 ON/OFF
0x0007 ON/OFF Switch configuration
0x0008 Level Control
0x0009 Alarms
0x000A Time
0x000B RSSI Location
Closures 0x0100 Shade Configuration
HVAC 0x0200 Pump Configuration and Control
0x0201 Thermostat
0x0202 Fan control
0x0203 Dehumidification Control
0x0204 Thermostat User Interface Configuration
Lighting 0x0300 Color Control
0x0301 Ballast Configuration
Measurement and sensing 0x0400 Luminance Measurement
0x0401 Luminance Level Sensing
0x0402 Temperature Measurement
0x0403 Pressure Measurement
0x0404 Flow Measurement
0x0405 Relative Humidity Measurement
0x0406 Occupancy Sensing
Security and Safety 0x0500 IAS Zone
0x0501 IAS ACE
0x0502 IAS WD

Also refer zigbee profile ID list which mentions profile IDs and device IDs.

Zigbee Device IDs table

Following table mentions Zigbee Device IDs. These IDs range from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF. The IDs in the table are used in Home Automation Profile of zigbee.

Zigbee Device Group Zigbee Device IDs Description
Generic 0x0000 ON/OFF Switch
0x0001 Level Control Switch
0x0002 ON/OFF Output
0x0003 Level Controllable Output
0x0004 Scene Selector
0x0005 Configuration Tool
0x0006 Remote control
0x0007 Combined Interface
0x0008 Range Extender
0x0009 Mains Power Outlet
Lighting 0x0100 ON/OFF Light
0x0101 Dimmable Light
0x0102 Color Dimmable Light
0x0103 ON/OFF Light Switch
0x0104 Dimmer Switch
0x0105 Color Dimmer Switch
0x0106 Light Sensor
0x0107 Occupancy Sensor
Closures 0x0200 Shade
0x0201 Shade Controller
HVAC 0x0300 Heating/Cooling Unit
0x0301 Thermostat
0x0302 Temperature Sensor
0x0303 Pump
0x0304 Pump Controller
0x0305 Pressure Sensor
0x0306 Flow sensor
Intruder Alarm Systems 0x0400 IAS Control and Indicating Equipment
0x0401 IAS Ancillary Control Equipment
0x0402 IAS Zone
0x0403 IAS Warning Device

Also refer zigbee cluster ID list.

1 Like

This is very interesting. I have the round one, paired it and fiddled with the variables but can’t get it to work. What did you put in all the Clusters and appropiate fields for the square one?

how to manually configure child devices on UI7.
Knowing first of all the Zigbee HA stack has the following endpoints:
0402 = temperature sensing
0405 = humidity sensing

I was able to create child temperature/humity sensors manually for my Keen Smartvent and my Halo. They now normally should be automatically created but the vera occasionally fails to do it leaving you with the read back in a variable within the device but without any child device on the UI itself.

I did all of this on ALTUI because the standard UI tends to reload luup at each attribute change which can mess up things while ALTUI enables you to change the variables and reload luup manually only after you are done.

Now the meat:

1. Create a child device with either D_TemperatureSensor1.xml or D_HumiditySensor1.xml and a random Implementation file which will not matter. And give it the name you want.
  2. Go into the device attributes sections and
  3. delete the implementation file, leave it blank
  4. change the id_parent field to the id of the parent device (should be a number)
  5. edit the altid by grabbing the altid of the parent device and appending the endpoint (0402 or 0405) at the end of the altid. (should be a total of 8 characters)
  6. change the embedded flag to 1
  7. Reload luup

for the second time it automatically configured but once it says device found u have to keep it close so it can configure … dont press the button again as it will reset the sensor

Ok, I get the child device part but my sensor is paired as GenericIO with on/off switch. I need to trick it to recognize as your primary device “Aqara Vibration” and maybe then get temp and humidity endpoints to put in the child devices. What files and essential variables does your parent device have?

change the device file

yeah im still trying ti figure out what that is exactly for some reason it reads as Generic 0x0000 Basic

or Generic 0x0000 ON/OFF Switch

which is the fist in the configured clusters

@richie.digital
Just received a Aqara temp sensor and with your instructions was able to pair it (thanks!). Humidity and temperature is reporting fine :slight_smile:

Like you the parent device is not able to configure which is fine as we can’t yet read the pressure anyway. But Vera keeps trying to configure it causing “not connected” errors. Do you know a way to stop the unit from trying to configure it?

Disable auto configure in the device options or set the autoconfigure variable to 0 and reload luup.

That does not seem to work. Maybe because the device never finished configuring in the first place?

I found the “configured” variable. At the moment the value is -1. Maybe changing the value would silence it, but i have no idea what the possible values are.

yeah that would do it… If started, the configuration needs to complete. You can also delete the device and let it reappear without unpairing it.

1 Like