z-wave routes disappeared!

@pgrover516,

Yes, i haven’t been using Mios routing in all these scenarios since the problem appeared.
I tried checking them today and ran a heal but without any success :frowning:

Roy.

Well, I am now having this same issue. I had an issue including an LFM-20 relay module. I deleted it using the trash can icon and have been unable to un-include or to include that device since. I had initially thought that the device was faulty but now I find I have lost all my neighbors. Everything points to node 1 or to nothing (as reported in UI-4). My more distant nodes are now flaky in their response. Some never repond. Repeated heal processes have not cured this nor have attempts to update neighbors for individual nodes.

I have a Vera 2, firmware level 1.1.1245.

I have a ticket in with support. I will report back if I learn anything helpful. I fear that the fix for this may be rebuilding the network. Has anyone found another solution?

Thanks.

Same issue here, I removed a module and a scene controller and then went to re-add them and POOF - The Z-Wave matrix crapped out and everything was not working with Vera. Everything was coming up with Transmit failed , unable to configure or talk with nodes. I had MCV try to recover it but it didn’t work, I ended up restoring from a backup on MioS.com but things are still wacked out…

Restored from a backup and seems to be working again.

I hope MCV reads this thread as well as a few others. it looks like more and more people are having the same issue!

• Garrett

I too can ditto @myhomeserver observations, I had MCV help restore my system via an earlier back-up a few weeks ago which looked like it worked but upon further investigation of my devices all of my sensors have lost their ability to configure along with remotes not communicating to VERA along with light switches. Question to the committee at large, Is there a way to keep ones scenes ( I have over 49) with 4 remotes as I exclude/include devices? Am I seeing a new phenomena, seems like lot of folks are having similar issues e.g. loss of nodes/communication with devices/unable to configure devices that worked before without issue and now within the last few months are experiencing the same problems (call me Mr. Coincidence!!)? Mike

Same here; after a heal (manual without configure) the neighbors disappeared. Some nodes are showing 1. Funny part is that the report shows the neighbors discovery.

N o d e : 4 5
E d g e n o d e : 0 s c o r e : 5 r o u t e : 1 - > 0 . 0 . 0 . 0 - > 4 5 n u m h o p s : 0 L a t e n c 􀁜 a v g : 9 9 m a 􀁛 : 1 9 8 s u c c e s s 1 0 o f 1 0
E d g e n o d e : 4 3 s c o r e : 1 0 r o u t e : 1 - > 4 3 . 0 . 0 . 0 - > 4 5 n u m h o p s : 1 L a t e n c 􀁜 a v g : 9 8 m a 􀁛 : 1 9 3 s u c c e s s 1 0 o f 1 0
E d g e n o d e : 4 6 s c o r e : 5 5 r o u t e : 1 - > 5 4 . 4 6 . 0 . 0 - > 4 5 n u m h o p s : 2 L a t e n c 􀁜 a v g : 1 0 2 m a 􀁛 : 1 8 3 s u c c e s s 8 o f 1 0

My device is back. No idea why. Maybe an overnight heal, or something. I didn’t change anything.

Over the weekend I’m hoping to add a new device & re-configure a scene controller that hasn’t been behaving; hopefully all is well after that.

This makes you wonder whats going on…Seems that recently there have been a ton of “z-wave routes vanished” posted here, and only recently. I’ll be getting a Vera3 soon and hope that the increased memory and processor solves all of this…Without restoring a backup I’d be screwed and if I have to rebuild my network one more time I’m going to freak out!!! It takes me about 20+ hours to get all of this setup properly, and I just don’t have the time to waste.

MCV, any ideas why this seems to have happened to a lot of people just recently? Im baffled…

@myhomeserver, again I agree… I noticed we still haven’t gotten a MCV response on this phenomena other than the advise to simply reload a previous back-up. I too ordered a VERA 3 in the hopes of averting some of these issues… but “z-wave routes vanishing” may not be resolved with the new VERA 3/UI5 H/W.

MCV For those of us transitioning to a new hardware/UI setup, is there someway to transfer our devices/scenes from VERA 2 to 3?

I’d say coincidence. As you saw, these problems occurred on different firmware versions, some old, and some new. Or maybe they occurred earlier, but only now are reported on the forum…

Restoring a Vera 2/UI5 backup to a Vera 3/UI5 should work. However, restoring a Vera 2/UI4 backup to a Vera 3/UI5 doesn’t. So you must first upgrade Vera 2 to UI5, make a backup, then restore it on a Vera 3.

mcvflorin,

Yes, it is on different firmwares, but all are related to using 3.20 zwave firmware. So the question is, is it related to the 3.20 firmware of the zwave chip, mcv’s custom routing scripts…?

• Garrett

Is “when will UI5 be available” a silly question?

@mcvflorin, thanxs for UI transition guidance. I agree with @garrettwp this problem seems to be centered around v2.78 vs v3.20 (z-wave routing) enhancements. What bothers me is that I’ve not touched my system (I was told about getting hair on my hands ;D) and my z-wave routing disintegrated over a period of time by it’s self. I’m waiting for my VERA3 before investing any more time exclude/include devices.

@DeltaNu1142, I thought I heard the 9th was when the VERA3 were shipping. Mike

I’d heard that too, but UI5 isn’t exclusive to Vera 3… are they being released simultaneously?

By the way… EVERYTHING is working properly right at this moment. One of my scene controllers, which I previously reported problems with? Working perfectly. I guess the gremlins are taking the holidays off.

[quote=“teonebello”]

According with Micasaverde on facebook should be’ this Friday…

Check the image attached.[/quote]

According to this aka facebook response, MCV indicate that both VERA3 and UI5 will be available tomorrow. Mike

So so far, no solutions for the disappearing routes…

I restored my system a couple of days ago from a Mios backup and the routes appeared again. Did maybe a couple of heals and created a couple of scenes, checked again and guess what, the routes disappeared again! Restored one more time for them to reappear…

I didn’t think then of checking the log to see if I can find any hints for this “mysterious phenomenon”… :-
I guess it’s gonna be for another time…

Roy.

MCV support responded once to my ticket with a message asking me to turn support full access off then on again. I did that and replied to their message two weeks ago. No reply.

So, I decided to just bite the bullet, reset everything, and rebuild the network from scratch today. I reset my Vera to factory settings, reset the Z-wave network (which required a couple of tries to get everything to appear “empty”), went around and excluded every device I have, and set out to start again.

After adding my second Aeon door sensor (my 8th node), I noticed that it never configured with neighbors (no neighbors shown). So I excluded and included it a couple of times, never seeing it configure correctly. Then I went to another node, configured it, and it suddenly dropped all of its neighbors.

I am beginning to wonder whether this is even a viable company or one I want to depend on to manage the heat and other functions of my second home.

Does anybody know what’s going on here? This is really frustrating…

[quote=“jamespbaum, post:33, topic:169664”]MCV support responded once to my ticket with a message asking me to turn support full access off then on again. I did that and replied to their message two weeks ago. No reply.

So, I decided to just bite the bullet, reset everything, and rebuild the network from scratch today. I reset my Vera to factory settings, reset the Z-wave network (which required a couple of tries to get everything to appear “empty”), went around and excluded every device I have, and set out to start again.

After adding my second Aeon door sensor (my 8th node), I noticed that it never configured with neighbors (no neighbors shown). So I excluded and included it a couple of times, never seeing it configure correctly. Then I went to another node, configured it, and it suddenly dropped all of its neighbors.

I am beginning to wonder whether this is even a viable company or one I want to depend on to manage the heat and other functions of my second home.

Does anybody know what’s going on here? This is really frustrating…[/quote]
Sorry for your frustration, there are others having the same problem, I think your unit doing what it is repetatively is a good opportunity for MCV to troubleshoot what is happening since some of these intermittent problems are hard to catch in action, I would call support by phone and present it to them exactly that way, sorry I cant be more help

Thank you for your reply. I will call them in the next couple of weeks and post whatever I learn here.