Zwave Curtain Control

Hi,
I don’t know what all the fuss and expense is about when it comes to Zwave intregration and control of curtains/ blinds.
I’ve bought a few of these pieces now ranging from 150cm for ?73 ($99.45) to 8Metres for ?138 ($213) with free delivery to the UK and US.
I then use a Fibaro, Qubino Roller Shutter or even a double relay to control them via my Vera Edge Plus, costing around ?50 ($37). Significantly cheaper than most of the product suggestions I’ve seen on this thread.

I’m not a salesman, reseller or distributor for the company, just an enthusiastic Zwaveeerr!!!.
Check it out and Good luck.
Cheers
Paul

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/electric-curtain-motorized-curtain-track-smart-home-used-motorized-curtain-DOOYA-motor-Sunflower-brand-KT52S-free/32217406062.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4d8BZyNA

So was KT52S the actual model number of the Dooya motor you have ?

I did the same with a Dooya DT52S motor and a Fibaro roller shutter module.

However I believe there are now newer motors which you can manually pull the curtains to start an open or close operation.

You can’t do that with the motor I have.

Not sure what the model number(s) are of the newer Dooya motors that have this feature though?

Hi cw-kid,
Sorry for the late reply.
Yeah the motor says Sunflower on the side but it has a label saying its a KT52S-45/20.

I’m using a Fibaro FGS222 Double switch and changed the parameters 4 and 5 to 90 secs. So after 90secs the motor switches off which is enough time for the curtains to reach their start and stop points.
I then created a couple of scenes opening at 9am and closing at 20mins after sunset. I use Imperhome on an Android tablet and it works just fine. Sometimes there’s a short latency of a few secs but nothing I’m worried about.
The only downside really is the amount of rollers they give you. It’s the bare minimum and could do with adding a few extra to help with asthestics. When they’re closed it looks OK, but when open the curtain pleat looks a bit messy due to the lack of rollers. I suppose the option would be to install a pelmet top which would hide the pleats. The supplied brackets have a curved end for this purpose.

I hope this helps,
Paul

Paul

I had the same problem not enough rollers had to get some more off the seller so the curtains hung better and looked right.

So does your motor have the touch start where you can manually pull the curtains to start the motor going?

Cheers

Hi Cw-Kid,
I can manually pull the curtains but my motors don’t start.

Ta