aeon labs energy monitor

@Les F, I guess you are right, I use a second phase in my Kitchen with my Oven and cooktop to get 220. Looks like I’ll need the 2 clamp version after all!?

This might be slightly off topic but if I use one of these and the individual switchs from aeon can i setup seperate energy logs through vera?

These are now available on the website.

2 clamp on order!

Aaron - Are you guys supporting this yet? If you need one I can send you the one I ordered.

Oops, my Finger accidentally slipped on the order button for the two clamp also :slight_smile:

My vote for support if not already added…I will be getting one of these from Aeon Labs soon for review and will be using it with Vera. MCV, any feedback here?

soooo does anyone have any idea if this will just report current (no pun intended) usage, average, high / low?
I am sure it will do anything, its more of how it is polled and what is done with the data.

The hacking side of me would like to throw the data into an rrdgraph with something like indoor/outdoor temperature data on the graph as well. Okay I’ll calm down… :-X

This sounds like a well needed product, but unfortunately, I am not willing to purchase it until I KNOW how (if) Vera will support it. I don’t need to buy a paperweight if Vera isn’t going to properly support it for another 6 months…

(fingers crossed for good news)…

I’m pretty sure that MCV will support it pretty much at launch or if not then pretty soon after. They also have a product compatibility guarantee where they will support it within a month (I think) of receiving a trouble ticket.

I believe MCV get a lot of products sent to them before we ever see them in the flesh anyway (I think the Kwikset locks are an example of this.)

Anyway, by the time I get round to installing this anyway a month may have passed :slight_smile:

Yep, here are the details on their guarantee:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Guaranteed_Compatibility

Barry - Have you gotten these in yet from Aeon?

My Aeon Labs Smart Energy Module arrived yesterday and I have it paired and connected to my elec panel (dual clamp model)

So, MCV, how do I get this working? It shows as a generic I/O - and shows and ON/OFF switch. Can you guys chime in and let me know how I can start using the tracking in this module? What Plugin is needed if any?

Thanks!

I am trying to get an update so I can notify everybody.

[quote=“myhomeserver, post:33, topic:165731”]My Aeon Labs Smart Energy Module arrived yesterday and I have it paired and connected to my elec panel (dual clamp model)

So, MCV, how do I get this working? It shows as a generic I/O - and shows and ON/OFF switch. Can you guys chime in and let me know how I can start using the tracking in this module? What Plugin is needed if any?

Thanks![/quote]Did they send you a version to test with? I’m still waiting for a shipping notification from ASI.

Yes, I have a hardware sample for testing and I’m getting started on the review as soon as I get it working with Vera. I’ll post my results here in this thread and a link to the review when it’s up. MCV, can you guys comment on this sensor and if it works with Vera?

[quote=“strangely, post:35, topic:165731”][quote=“myhomeserver, post:33, topic:165731”]My Aeon Labs Smart Energy Module arrived yesterday and I have it paired and connected to my elec panel (dual clamp model)

Thanks![/quote]Did they send you a version to test with? I’m still waiting for a shipping notification from ASI.[/quote]

Not sure if I’m imagining it but there seems to be a new plugin called “energy alerts and profiling” and I’m wondering if this is anything to do with the energy monitors?

Tried installing those plugins, I get errors. MCV, any help here would be appreciated!

We’re getting those ready for the next UI4 beta; unfortunately we had to change the download process, so the current beta can’t get them correctly from the marketplace.

To summarize the functionality:

• the ‘Energy Monitor’ plugin uses the ‘Watts’ field that you can fill on some devices, then monitors the on/off/dimmer status to calculate the actual power used. Every half hour reports the total and peak usage to your account on the MiOS servers. You can see the resulting statistics and graphs on the ‘energy’ tab on [tt]findvera.com[/tt].

• the ‘Energy Alerts & Profiling’ has two different functionalities:

1: A reimplementation (in Lua) of the ‘energy’ icon in the toolbox: at the set times it checks some limits you set (number of lights on, thermostat, total (calculated) power) and if you’ve exceeded them, sends a notification.

2: lets you measure actual power usage of all your lights and thermostats controlled by Vera using a power meter. it starts by turning them all off to note the ‘base’ reading. then turns on each one to read the difference. When finished writes a text file with the findings and sends a notification.

javier, do you know the date when U14 will be released ?