aeon labs energy monitor

@Barry - Any word from Aeon?

Aeon Labs got back to me with an update. They didn’t have any in the US Warehouse so we had to get them from overseas. We are now expecting our next shipment from Aeon Labs on 6/30 which will include the Home Energy Meters.

Thank you.

I am really hopeful this product works as well as I think it will. I just need it to be properly supported by Vera.

I am planning on ordering two of the 2 phase units. One for the house, and one for my barn & motorhome.

-Robert

So far no word from MCV on how these work with Vera. I’ve had mine paired and connected to my panel with the 2 clamps since Monday but no idea on how to use it.

Anyone? MCV?

That’s somewhat frustrating.

If I was to make a guess, I would assume we won’t get functionality in the energy monitor until after UI4 is released. Right now, that is a more pressing issue to MCV in my opinion.

Hopefully, we won’t have to wait too long…

Hi,

We are in good relationship with Aeon Labs and they always provided the necessary documentation to implement their products into Vera. I have no doubts that this won’t continue.

As TheGadgetGuy mentioned, our goal for now, even I know for some of you is not the primary objective, is to push out the UI4 Release Candidate, so our beloved Beta Testers can install it and provide feedback so we can tweak the things reported and then release it to the customers. That will be another story as we need to monitor the new servers when the load will be from hundreds of customers, not just us and a few of you.

Anyway, the new firmware upgrade procedure has passed our QA, we will wait for your feedback and then we’ll be confident there will be no more bricked units which requires RMA or frustrated customers.

An ETA for all this? I wish I could say, honestly, but we still have some work to do regarding the UI and servers. The Luup/Z-Wave engine is stable and working good, Wizard is done, notifications functionality still needs some polish.

@Barry - Did these come in yet?

Just got an update from Aeon. It looks like the are now scheduled for 7/6. Not sure what happened yet.

Thanks.

so whats in the works for the monitor… and vera?
besides showing real time use…

any usage history, high/low usage triggers/alarms ? etc…

ASI, any idea yet why they pushed the date back?

I’ve had mine for a few weeks now, its connected and included in the network but I have no idea what it’s supposed to do with Vera and how to use it… :-[

[quote=“myhomeserver, post:51, topic:165731”]I’ve had mine for a few weeks now, its connected and included in the network but I have no idea what it’s supposed to do with Vera and how to use it… :-[[/quote]Did you raise a ticket with MCV?

It appears they are just taking longer than expected to get them to us from Singapore.

Came in late yesterday. Those of you who have them on order, they should be going out of the warehouse today.

Thanks, I will look forward to hooking it up and watch it do nothing whilst waiting for MCV :slight_smile:

Weeee got my UPS Quantum ship notice!!!

Ok got my current monitor today. It looks like Vera doesn’t support it yet since it shows up as generic I/O. It needs to support the meter command class and multilevel sensor command class.

Aaron - If I send you the Aeon Energy Monitor can you add support?

@wseverino,

Got mine today, too. No installation instructions included, or found at aeon-labs.com or asihome.com

Included manual only covers the Z-Wave part.

How did you hook yours up ? Got a pic ? :slight_smile:

-many thanks!

Well, You just clip the current transformers to the mains. However, I can not clip them to my mains due to the mains being larger than the clips.

@Barry - Do you know if they have larger current transformer clips?

Assuming you are trying to clip around the main line coming into your breaker panel…

whats seems to be the max size wire they will go around?

I have 150AMP service (aluminum feed from meter)… .yeah its 150, not a lot of them around.

Les