Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration

[quote=“frichter09, post:39, topic:173020”]That is excellent!!!
And the price for the track is also not too bad.
Thanks Stuart.

I will have some spare time in two weeks and might order one and will let you know how it works.
Flo[/quote]

I will probably order one as well but might not be until after Christmas for me. :-[ If you do get it please take lots of pictures and maybe even a short video of the curtains in action would be very helpful!

Thanks

[quote=“cw-kid, post:41, topic:173020”][quote=“frichter09, post:39, topic:173020”]That is excellent!!!
And the price for the track is also not too bad.
Thanks Stuart.

I will have some spare time in two weeks and might order one and will let you know how it works.
Flo[/quote]

I will probably order one as well but might not be until after Christmas for me. :-[ If you do get it please take lots of pictures and maybe even a short video of the curtains in action would be very helpful!

Thanks[/quote]
Will do for sure!
I will pm you once I ordered the motor!!
Flo

I’m still waiting to hear more from NWD about this z-wave switch he mentioned, he’s meant to be emailing me some NWD product catalogue or something.

More Dooya curtain track product details:

There are 3 different types of tracks (S, A, B) and several types of runners.

They have ceiling and wall brackets.

Components and Assembly

You can download the massive e-book from Dooya which contains all these product pages for their entire range here. With this information about the different tracks / parts etc you should be able to work out what you want to order.

Curtain Weight and Tech Support for track installation:

There are several pages with electrical wiring diagrams but this was the most interesting one.

Hi cw-kid

I have been looking at your thread with interest, I’m based in the UK too and was looking for a similar set up.

Have you looked at the Fibaro Roller Blind module as a way of z-wave enabling a curtain motor via Vera?

On a related note, I was also looking at blinds, and the RollerTrol looks good, the owner I think is an ex Brit too. :wink: (works via the RFXrtx plugin)

I’m very interested in automating the bedroom curtains, so will be up for sharing your approach, especially considering all the effort you’re putting into this…

@parkerc Hi

The Fibaro blind module (User manual), I’ve not really looked at it no, but should be like using a Duwi blind module and should work with the CL-800 and HT-100 curtain tracks with DC motors. I will have a read of the user manual later.

Obviously with this NWD Z-wave curtain motor we have been looking at, it means you don’t need an additional Z-wave blind controller module, which is good for the guys in the USA as they are expensive there.

As for roller blinds I did look in to this previously but never actually bought anything due to the expense. I did work out a couple of possible options though.

1. Somfy LS40 Standard (dumb) motor (240V) + Duwi Blind Module
  2. Intelli-Blinds dumb motor (240V) + Duwi Blind Module (Control Option 1: No Controls (Home Automation)

It seemed cheaper and easier to use dumb motors with no inbuilt controls like the Somfy RTS which you don’t need if you are using Z-wave. You would just use the Duwi Z-wave module which will work in Vera, you could then use an Aeon Labs minimote or the Duwi switch on the wall.

Also note 240V motors are apparently much quieter in operation than 24V DC or battery operated motors.

I did see RollerTrol but as they are an American company I skipped it, was looking for items I could buy in the UK or Europe due to possible import taxes from the USA.

I’m not familiar with the RFXrtx plugin.

I would like to eventually do roller black-out blinds in the bedrooms but you need allot of cash. Looking to do a cheap electric curtain track first in the living room hence this thread.

You can buy roller blind kits from Ant at Z-wave products but they are expensive. Intelli-Blinds seemed cheaper and Mark there was very helpful answering my questions. This here also looks like a good website for blind motors and parts but I got no response from them at all when I emailed them.

Looking for affordable options takes time and lots of research.

[quote=“frichter09, post:40, topic:173020”]Btw.
I will see if I can get the Z-wave motor first, if that works I will order the tracks because I have some big windows at my place…[/quote]

Flo

I guess that would be wise.

I’m still upset the US version of the motor is listed as being much cheaper than the EU one :cry:

US Listed as $47.50 Listing on Alibaba.com
EU Listed as $120 - $130 Listing on Alibaba.com

Another thing that’s worrying it says minimum order 500 pieces. I’m sure you can probably order one or two motors as samples though.
These motors are not listed on Aliexpress.com but only on Alibaba.com. Aliexpress being more for retail sales and lower number of pieces.

HC China Limited - HT-100 Home Automation Control - 12V DC Motor

I’ve had a reply from the manufacturer of the HC China Limited - HT-100 (Also known as CT-220 on sites like Aliexpress.)

[b]"Regarding to our built-in interface, you could also control it by using a wall switch or 3rd party control set. Please check the wire connection from the picture [url=http://exp-china.com/images/accessory/diagram_of_electric_curtain2.jpg]http://exp-china.com/images/accessory/diagram_of_electric_curtain2.jpg[/url]. The spare wire is also for the neutral.

We currently keep some inventory for UK and Europe distribution, so we could deliver directly from UK quickly to you. However, we do not have showroom or technical department within UK at this moment.

Please check and order from our UK website http://y2shop.com which applies only local delivery charges."[/b]

What do you make of the wiring diagram? For use with a Duwi blind module. There is no where for the Orange Wire (Stop) to connect to the Duwi module see attached image.

From the Duwi blind module user manual:

Reaction"on"opposite"Button"(parameter"No"8,"size"1"byte,"for"motor"control"only)
Defines how the device shall react when hitting the opposite direction button
when motor is moving
Values:
0 Stop (default)
1 Stop and start moving reverse direction

Presumably you’d still need to connect the HT-100’s orange (Stop) wire some where?

Apple the Aliexpress seller for the Dooya curtain tracks has said the following about the 3 different tracks they offer.

“I will answer your questions in the following.
1, The track can be both wall mounted and ceiling mounted, just use different bracket to fix.
2, We have all of three kinds track, and S track is much more common.
They are designed according to different style curtain motor, such as DT52 series and DT82 T series are suitable for S track.
A track can also be used with DT52 series, but different track components.
and A track is not very common.
B track is used with DT12 series”

The Dooya DT52 motor is the one that looks the same as the NWD motor, so I guess its “S” track you need to order.

Stuart.
Did you ever hear back from NWD?
Just asking since they are not replying to my email (maybe I should inquire about 500 instead of 1 ;D)

Flo

[quote=“frichter09, post:53, topic:173020”]Stuart.
Just asking since they are not replying to my email (maybe I should inquire about 500 instead of 1 ;D)

Flo[/quote]

No the guy from NWD never got back to me, he was meant to be emailing some product pages etc.

I will probably email him later I guess see where we can buy these sample motors from ?

[quote=“cw-kid, post:54, topic:173020”][quote=“frichter09, post:53, topic:173020”]Stuart.

Flo[/quote]

No the guy from NWD never got back to me, he was meant to be emailing some product pages etc.

I will probably email him later I guess see where we can buy these sample motors from ?[/quote]

Do you mind sending me his email address?
I am not sure if he is receiving my email through the system they use. Id really like to order a sample motor…

Flo

Flo

The quote I received from NWD has the EU and US motors listed together under the same pricing.

Unit Price = $120
Sample Price = $200

I am not sure why the US motor is listed as $47.50 online ? You will have to ask them.

There is a company in the Netherlands called Forest Group that does motorised curtain tracks that are Z-wave but I image they are pricey.

Products here.

The UK distributor for Forest is Evan Textiles.

This is the USA Forest Group website here

This is interesting Somfy bought Dooya

Source

"Present on all three Somfy Activities, Dooya is the leading Chinese brand in tubular motors, particularly at the entry-level. Dooya is specialized in the design of tubular motors and control systems for roller shutters, roller doors, curtains and interior blinds.

Created in 2002. Dooya joined Somfy in 2010 through the acquisition of a majority holding (70%).
Head office in Luotuo industrial park, Ningbo, China.
Operations in China and other countries.
2065 employees.’

Somfy Option:

Glydea There is a Z-wave add-on

I doubt Somfy falls in to my affordable category.

Glystro is the version before Glydea and might be cheaper ? @Shady mentions it here “Knock-off form” sounds like that could be cheaper LOL, would like to know more.

Explanation of different Dooya curtain track runners: