Bellatrix bRight Switch Android touchscreen Zwave/wifi device w/open API

I emailed them about AU-Zwave compatibility, hopefully they get back to me looks cheap and interesting. Like all the sensors, especially motion sensing and bluetooth awareness.

If it can run android apps it will make a good controller and good buy.

If it interfaces well with vera (unlikely with the state of everything) would be a killer switch.

I was going through the comments on their Indiegogo campaign site, and found this which I thought was worth sharing in case anyone missed it :

Bellatrix Systems said 1 month ago

Hi Spinn360,

Great question!

Using an Android apps like Tasker and Autovoice will provide this capability, but we are looking at adding voice control ourselves. We also welcome cooperative development; please email dev@getbrightswitch.com

Thanks,
The bRight Switch Team

spinn360 said 1 month ago

Since there is a mic, will I be able to tell my lights to turn on?
----?-------------

It would seem like all we would need to do is add in our favorite app for Vera Control that integrates with tasker and we are good to go.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Seems like a nice peace of hardware, lets hope it gets funded and it lives up to its expectations.

My link is attached here. I have contributed.

Cool. They are now only about $9,500 away from meeting the goal, and about 34 hours left, so hopefully they will make it. I have run out of people to tell.

Very nice solution. Unfortunately my built in '72 house does not have the hot and neutral this solution requires present in most switch boxes . :frowning: Specifically not the ones that I’d love to put these units into. I am not enough of an electrician and dry-waller to start ripping open drywall and start rewiring.

Just 18 hours left and only 5000 away from funding. Does Indiegogo allow people to make multiple contributions? Kickstarter doesn’t, but not sure about this site

[quote=“Wekurtz74, post:47, topic:178260”]Just 18 hours left and only 5000 away from funding. Does Indiegogo allow people to make multiple contributions? Kickstarter doesn’t, but not sure about this site

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk[/quote]from everything I read you can. I’ve added to my contribution and other people here have gone back and gotten additional perks

Thanks. I may up mine. right now trying to see what the difference, in a practical sense, the bluetooth vs non-bluetooth is. I have some 3 way lighting, and trying to figure out which is going to work.

[quote=“dferrey, post:48, topic:178260”][quote=“Wekurtz74, post:47, topic:178260”]Just 18 hours left and only 5000 away from funding. Does Indiegogo allow people to make multiple contributions? Kickstarter doesn’t, but not sure about this site

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk[/quote]from everything I read you can. I’ve added to my contribution and other people here have gone back and gotten additional perks[/quote]

Just in case anyone still wants to buy one you can use my link :slight_smile:

http://igg.me/at/brightswitchevolve/x/6337940$$$

Sent using Tapatalk

Just under $300 from funding goal with 9 hours left. I will push them over the top myself if needed!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They made it :slight_smile: Hopefully they arrive on time. With the Plant Link and Goldee switches also planned for delivery, this will be a good summer for messing around with new toys.

Wekurtz74 Thanks for creating this thread. I never would have known about them otherwise.

I look forward to when these get released, if they are as good as the preliminary info says then it looks like a winner. But 6 months is too long for me to tie up any capital right now.

dferrey: No Problem. And thanks to you and everyone who contributed to this thread by asking questions of the bRight folks and helping to help me and others understand the potential positives and negatives of this device. When I first found it I thought it was kinda cool, but wasnt sure exactly. Back in December, no one else seemed very interested and I wondered if it was a worthy idea or not, and if not, what I was missing ? the last few days of discussion changed that.

Even if the product is not a stellar success in meeting its objectives, I hope we demonstrated to the Z-Wave device manufacturing community the desire to have a product like this. I look forward to the discussions of the bRight switch specs and of course, using the product.

Worth bumping this to the top. Read the progress here: http://www.getbrightswitch.com/update-4-24-14

Now THIS is a deveopment/product team. Read how fast and efficient they are moving through the product phases.
MCV should take notes :wink:

These are going to revolutionize the Z-wave market. The Evolve wall controllers are overpriced, and at the same price point, the scene switches from Leviton, et al, are simply inferior in terms of features.

-TC

http://www.getbrightswitch.com/update-5-23-14-sneak-peek

Here is the latest update. Seems they have a working prototype to show off. Video and photos included in the update.

Looking good :slight_smile:

Looking better than good. As a former electronics design engineer and marketing manage, I’m thoroughly impressed with their product development and project scheduling. These things are going to be become the ultimate mini-controllers because you no longer have to worry about how you’re going to mount or power a tablet. You can just as easily have a selection on there for any of the other Android Vera controller apps. So in normal mode it would just be a local light switch, which could also double for scene selection or full house control.

This is going to shake up the market on the over-priced z-wave wall dimmers and scene controllers out there. :slight_smile:

Nice project, and I’m hoping they’ll follow through for their international backers as well. Another crowd funded project (plant link) just announced that at this time they will not pursue CE certification, though they will ship uncertified units to their backers or refund their money.